Crohn's Disease Forum » Books, Multimedia, Research & News » QuBiologics new phase 2 trial recruiting soon

02-05-2018, 05:12 PM   #1
Mommabear

My Support Groups:
QuBiologics new phase 2 trial recruiting soon

Calling all Canadians! I got this communiqué from QuBiologics and wanted to share:

"We're getting closer to the launch of our #Canadian phase 2 clinical trial for adults with moderate to severe #CrohnsDisease (www.quibd.com).

If you live in #Canada, think you'd like to participate and want more info, sign up here and say "Yes, please" http://ow.ly/ihIl30i1Sif"

Good Luck!
02-09-2018, 07:26 PM   #2
Lady Organic
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I have contacted the team today and waiting for an answer on when it starts, how we qualify and if traveling expenses are still paid. I think they were right?

I may be interested if participation is not too regular and complicated for an out of province patient. I think they have 4 points of services now if Im correct, but none in Québec.

Diet: ''IBD-AID'' : http://www.nutritionj.com/content/13/1/5+ organic food only
suppl Curcuminoid extract, Inulin,psyllium, apple pectin, Vitamin D

past meds:
pred 50mg, 5-ASA, cortifoam, Imuran (failed) Purinethol (success) methotrexate (failed CD and arthritis).
02-18-2018, 11:26 AM   #3
Mommabear

My Support Groups:
Good luck to you Lady Organic! I hope you can participate!
02-19-2018, 06:52 AM   #4
Lady Organic
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I sent an email 10 days ago and havent had a reply from them yet. I'll try another address or will try to reach them over the phone this week. Thanks!
02-19-2018, 10:43 AM   #5
Crispix73

My Support Groups:
I hope you get into the trial! I really think this is one of the most promising drugs in development right now. I’d love to get feedback and updates from someone actually participating in the trial.

I pray this makes it through the development process and gets approved in the future.

Good luck, and keep us updated!
02-22-2018, 09:51 AM   #6
Mommabear

My Support Groups:
Lady Organic, did you see that they are having a webinar about the trial?

“Sign up for our webinar & join Dr. Hal Gunn on Monday March 5th 2018 at 4 pm PST (7 PM EST) to learn more about the trial design and the inclusion/exclusion criteria. There will be a 30 minute presentation followed by 30 minute Q&A session.

Just send us an email to [email protected] with the word "Webinar" in the subject line and we'll register you and send log-in information to participate.“
02-22-2018, 10:40 PM   #7
Lady Organic
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Yes thanks, I received that email back too... I was hoping the trial would open soon, but I feel it will not be so soon...
03-06-2018, 07:50 PM   #8
Lady Organic
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I attended the webinar yesterday. It was interesting but we couldnt hear all the answers from Dr Gunn due to sound system difficulties. Hopefully, there will be a transcript soon of the webinar.

The upcoming CD trial will start this month with 20 first Canadian participants who will all receive the real medication for 1 year.

A second arm will start short after in the fallowing months with 150 participants if i remember correct. 2/3 will receive the medication for 1 year and 1/3 the placebo. Unfortunately the placebo arm wont have the chance to receive the real medication down the road. Americans will be allowed for this trial if I understood correctly.

Disease must be classified from moderate to severe based on a colonoscopy and evaluation of clinical symptoms of the trial experimentors.

I asked the question if the treatment could help extraintestinal manifestions, such as arthritis, and the answer was ''no''. Dr Gunn answered that QBCO was gut specific.

I also asked the question if participants who would respond positively could pursue the treatment as a compassionate treatment after the trial and he answered that he would try to get approval from Health Canada.

Dr. Gunn mentioned that it would take at least 4 years before possible commercialization of the treatment.
03-06-2018, 09:11 PM   #9
Mommabear

My Support Groups:
Thank you Lady Organic! I wonder though, if it puts you in remission whether that would help the other manifestations of the disease, even if the treatment is gut specific, since everything is tied together. Do you think you will try it?
03-06-2018, 10:36 PM   #10
Lady Organic
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
With all the patients he already fallowed in previous trials, i think he responded knowing it didnt help many patients. But that's just my feeling... Especially for those of us whose EIMs run independantly of disease activity, thats even less of a possibility I believe.
At this point, I would not qualify as I just reached remission on prednisone. So I could wait for the 150 -patients arm in case of relapse, but having a 1 out 3 chances of not receiving the treatment is not something I am much interested in. i am highly reluctant letting my disease going to moderate in order to have a chance to participate as well. I have become highly protective of my colon and I manage to not letting things go out of control. I want to get things under control before it reaches moderate level of disease activity and live minimal suffering and anxiety. If I relapse again, I am most likely going to go on Humira, stelara or vedolizumab and want fast intervention.
03-07-2018, 05:32 AM   #11
Crohn2357

My Support Groups:
Qu Biologics uploaded this on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leVU...ature=youtu.be

Crohn's Disease Forum » Books, Multimedia, Research & News » QuBiologics new phase 2 trial recruiting soon