Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Does anyone else have lower right sided back pain???

07-10-2016, 06:20 PM   #1
chuckmya

Does anyone else have lower right sided back pain???

I've noticed a pattern over time of having lower right sided back pain....it comes & goes. I've mentioned it to both my PCP & OBGYN and thorough exams were done as well as a kidney ultrasound/pelvic ultrasound to rule out cysts etc. Is it crohns related??? Anyone else experience this? What do you all think??? Any opinions/input would be appreciated!!!
07-10-2016, 06:35 PM   #2
MissLeopard83

My Support Groups:
I've read that Crohn's disease puts you at a higher risk of developing kidney stones if the CD is in your small intestine due to fat malabsorption, which leaves behind oxalate - a common component of kidney stones.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12474641
07-10-2016, 06:42 PM   #3
chuckmya

I have had kidney stones in the past......and I was checked for stones but the ultrasound was negative! And the pain wasn't the same.....this is more of a dull achy pain that comes & goes! Not really a sharp acute pain that I would expect with kidney stones! I wonder if it's digestive pain when food gets to that area???
07-10-2016, 06:50 PM   #4
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
If you had vomiting, I would wonder about pancreatitis but I dont know.
07-10-2016, 07:11 PM   #5
chuckmya

No vomitting! I feel absolutely fine other than occasional lower back pain!!!
07-10-2016, 07:23 PM   #6
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I don't know what side specifically but I have minor arthritis in my lower back.

07-22-2016, 12:11 PM   #7
Perfer

I also get this dull pain on my right side towards the back, never figured out what it is. Please let me know if you do :-)
07-23-2016, 08:11 AM   #8
shamrock15
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
You can have spasms in your ureters from your kidneys to the bladder without having the stones.
07-24-2016, 08:22 PM   #9
wildbill_52280

when i was taking large amounts of vitamin d my kidney hurt a little bit i was taking 8000iu per day for a long time maybe 3 weeks, that's a toxic amount.

Sometimes it could be a bladder infection that's has become pretty bad.
07-24-2016, 08:41 PM   #10
MissLeopard83

My Support Groups:
I sometimes get lower left sided back pain that feels like musculoskeletal spasms.

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Does anyone else have lower right sided back pain???