Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Pain medication and addiction in Crohn's Disease

01-30-2012, 09:22 PM   #211
ekay03
My dog has hands!

well I just asked for tramadol hopefully that works. ambien really helps with sleep.
I did not see this. Ok then you already know
01-30-2012, 09:25 PM   #212
KWalker

JohnnyO and Paladin. I have an education backing me up on this, not stuff you read on google. Who said dealers have to use expensive drugs to hide in their marijuana? And who said its just marijuana they "lace". I knew kids that would store MDMA in Ziploc bags with a powder (I'm not sure what), and take it.

The biggest problem is that people are in denial. Nobody wants to believe there could be more. I have no doubt in my mind there are "dealers" out there who are straight with the "customer" but it isn't rare for marijuana dealers to be found dealing heavier drugs as well, and it also isn't rare for people who smoke pot to try heavier drugs at some point. (And I'm not including C.F. Users in that category).

Its common sense just to think about it. Two dealers are selling joints for the same price, there's going to be the dealers that "go the extra mile" to get you to come back. It sounds stupid, I know. But its true.

As far as people dying off one hit of certain drugs, no its not extremely common, but its also not rare. There are a lot of different factors to consider. Environment, heart rate, the potential for mixed drugs (drinking/smoking weed, weed/heroin, etc) just to give examples. This makes sense if you understand drug interactions (additive, hyper-additive, antagonstic). Again not extremely common but there are people who can do psychoactive drugs every single day in their house, then go out into a different environment and do the exact same "dose" and the impact CAN be drastically different. There's too much science involved to explain it fully on here but like I said above, heart rate, blood pressure, etc make a huge difference. Although you think you're fully relaxed your body thinks differently. They always tell people if they're going to do these drugs (including alcohol;it is a drug) to do it in the same environment.

The textbook we use is called "Drugs and Behavior in Society". In case you're wondering, I'm not talking about high school either...

The reason I edited this also because I thought it would be important to clarify that I cannot give accurate statistics and what not about other countries because we (for the most part) only focus on Canada related instances and I am aware stats vary.

Last edited by KWalker; 01-30-2012 at 09:44 PM.
01-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #213
ekay03
My dog has hands!

What recommendations does anyone have to deal with the pain? I currently take hydrocodeine which works great but I do not want to get addicted. Also having trouble sleeping any advice?
He Scott and welcome, I dont want to get addicted either I found this info http://www.healthcentral.com/chronic...-279488-5.html

about the sleep, I use benadryl. It puts me to sleep and helps w/ allergies!
01-30-2012, 09:55 PM   #214
JohnnyRottenAppleseed

I know a dude who was on Oxy for crohns and I have never been given anything stronger than tramadol and I was screaming bloody murder. I'm kind of glad though having gone through Oxy withdrawal so many times. Also, although everyone varies the intestines aren't super inervated so the pain isn't as severe as if it was some other part of the body.
01-31-2012, 12:52 AM   #215
maria
I love you God.

hahaha yes!! I told him this today.. I called him and was like I just joined a crohns group online and people in there said their gi doctor gave them tramadol and I need to try something I dont care anymore.. He was like well I doubt it will help you but I'll send it to the pharmacy and he did. So far so good. I have to say I have relief! Finally..I'm just mad he didn't think of this 8 months ago.. Hopefully it keeps on working..Also I asked for the antidepressants and he said that it only helps people with joint pains and stuff like that and said it def wouldnt help me.

I want to find a friend here in vancouver, washington with a stoma... I feel lonely.
Trying to stay gluten free.
01-31-2012, 01:23 AM   #216
JohnnyRottenAppleseed

hahaha yes!! I told him this today.. I called him and was like I just joined a crohns group online and people in there said their gi doctor gave them tramadol and I need to try something I dont care anymore.. He was like well I doubt it will help you but I'll send it to the pharmacy and he did. So far so good. I have to say I have relief! Finally..I'm just mad he didn't think of this 8 months ago.. Hopefully it keeps on working..Also I asked for the antidepressants and he said that it only helps people with joint pains and stuff like that and said it def wouldnt help me.
He's a retard for thinking pain meds wouldn't ease your pain. There wouldn't be an entire class of drugs dedicated to pain as well as pain management centers and the branch of anasthesiology. Glad u finally got some pain relief :-)
01-31-2012, 02:11 AM   #217
JohnnyRottenAppleseed

JohnnyO and Paladin. I have an education backing me up on this, not stuff you read on google. Who said dealers have to use expensive drugs to hide in their marijuana? And who said its just marijuana they "lace". I knew kids that would store MDMA in Ziploc bags with a powder (I'm not sure what), and take it.

The biggest problem is that people are in denial. Nobody wants to believe there could be more. I have no doubt in my mind there are "dealers" out there who are straight with the "customer" but it isn't rare for marijuana dealers to be found dealing heavier drugs as well, and it also isn't rare for people who smoke pot to try heavier drugs at some point. (And I'm not including C.F. Users in that category).
Your entire post is riddled with cliches like "the marijuana gateway theory" , "laced marijuana", and "isn't rare" "it's not uncommon".

Its common sense just to think about it. Two dealers are selling joints for the same price, there's going to be the dealers that "go the extra mile" to get you to come back. It sounds stupid, I know. But its true.

As far as people dying off one hit of certain drugs, no its not extremely common, but its also not rare. There are a lot of different factors to consider. Environment, heart rate, the potential for mixed drugs (drinking/smoking weed, weed/heroin, etc) just to give examples. This makes sense if you understand drug interactions (additive, hyper-additive, antagonstic). Again not extremely common but there are people who can do psychoactive drugs every single day in their house, then go out into a different environment and do the exact same "dose" and the impact CAN be drastically different. There's too much science involved to explain it fully on here but like I said above, heart rate, blood pressure, etc make a huge difference. Although you think you're fully relaxed your body thinks differently. They always tell people if they're going to do these drugs (including alcohol;it is a drug) to do it in the same environment.

The textbook we use is called "Drugs and Behavior in Society". In case you're wondering, I'm not talking about high school either...

The reason I edited this also because I thought it would be important to clarify that I cannot give accurate statistics and what not about other countries because we (for the most part) only focus on Canada related instances and I am aware stats vary.
Well I have 5 masters degrees and a phd 20 years experience in the real world not out of a book. Most "pot dealers" don't sell other drugs. All drugs are not the same. I've never come across laced cannabis and neither has anyone I know and I have known and know a lot of regular cannabis users. Also your textbook was written by the government that is profiting from a drug war. Hardly fair and balanced information.
Also, there is a huge industry profiting from drug treatment centers and programs with disastrous success rates. I'm not profiting off any information I share. It's all based on 20+ years of real world experience in drugs and my friends experiences with drugs and treatment programs and overcoming addiction.
Your posts are classic 20th century textbook theories that are loosely based on reality aka the real world on the street.
01-31-2012, 04:25 AM   #218
allieinwonder

My Support Groups:
Maria, I'm so sorry you are going through that. I agree with others, get a new family doctor. I have been on pain meds since my disease started June of 2010, and I can't imagine what it would be like without those meds. I am on a pain med that is specifically for chronic pain called Tramadol (like Ekay said lol). Maybe your doctor would be more willing to give you that than percocet or hydrocodone? I have been on it for over a year and it works well for me. It can be just as addictive (I have read some pretty nasty stories online), but it is a synthetic opiate, so it works a little better for chronic pain. I have had some doctors that give me tons of tramadol, then others that give me the minimum amount, but I have never had trouble getting at least some tramadol to make my quality of life a little better. Don't give up!

DXed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) November 20th, 2017.

Do you love blankets to keep you comfy as much as I do? Fellow spoonies get a 20% discount on my handmade afghans! Contact me for a coupon code!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/AllieBlankets
01-31-2012, 05:14 AM   #219
maria
I love you God.

Sometimes I wonder if I even trust his judgement.. My dad was shocked too. I had my dr on speaker when he tells me this.. I wonder how his other patience deal with him. I feel like everyday is a battle within my body just to function and for him just to let me go without helping me really hurts my feelings. Reading all this def gave me confidence today when I spoke to him. I'm just tired of him putting me off. I'm gonna start putting my foot down and go higher than him soon. Thank you allinwonder you guys have no idea how good it feels to know someone truly understands what I'm going through. Today when I got the pain medication I swear I almost cried finally even just to cut the pain in half would please me.. I could function and I actually played barbies with my daughter and hugged and kissed her. Tonight was a good night So far I have taken 2 and I'm feeling pretty good.
01-31-2012, 06:32 AM   #220
handle

I'm glad you're getting some relief at last Maria. Your doctor is backward. The body does not heal whilst in extreme pain, so pain relief is extremely important. Crohns pain can become chronic. It is usually recommended to keep ahead of the pain.
01-31-2012, 06:40 AM   #221
KWalker

Wow that's impressive. 5 masters degrees, a PhD AND 20 years of experience?
Here, the most you can do is a douible major so by that it would mean you've spent 18 years PLUS another 4 years to get a PhD. Oh, and if you're any sort of medical doctor that's even more because of medical school. Assuming you went to school immediately after high school you would probably be 18 years old. Adding 20 years of experience (assuming you're talking about professional experience because using part time work in retail store as a defense is silly) would put you around 60 years old.

This is just out of pure curiosity but I'd love to hear all about your schooling and what not. How accurate am I with my approximation? What are your masters and what kind of PhD do you have? Again, just out of curiosity. I'm interested.

You're not realizing that although "you and your friends have never came across laced drugs" doesn't mean anything. You are such a small fraction of people that do drugs, and I'd be willing to bet you don't even do enough to be considered part of that community. I've never came across laced drugs either, but I don't smoke weed. Doesn't mean it's not out there.
01-31-2012, 08:25 AM   #222
ekay03
My dog has hands!

Also I asked for the antidepressants and he said that it only helps people with joint pains and stuff like that and said it def wouldnt help me.
I do think your doctor is right about this. I have found this to be true. When I was first diagnosed my doctor tried me on Nortriptyline and it actually made my pain worse. But if at some point joint pain becomes one of your symptoms. You can bring it up again. I am glad that you got the tramadol. I wish this forum had been around when I was first diagnosed. I am sure it would have saved me years of suffering.
01-31-2012, 08:30 AM   #223
allieinwonder

My Support Groups:
I'm glad you are finally getting help for the pain Maria!
01-31-2012, 09:10 AM   #224
Ducey99

Hmm, not sure which of these two completely different conversations I want to join .

Maria:
Glad you're finally getting help, your GI sounds JUST like mine. "You have Crohn's, here's some Humira." Only recently, after this forum, am I thinking: Okay, but what about my nausea, gas, cramping and numerous Vit and Min deficiencies. It's nice that they're treating the cause, but there is definitely no need to live in agony all the time. I basically had to fight my GI to get me some Iron infusions when I have been anemic for the past 8 months. And apparently my B12 is "fine".. "normal" is above 200, mine is 213 or something and fatigue is my biggest chron's symptom atm. Sometimes it makes you wonder if some of them even care at all..

As for the MJ convo/arguement:
I'm actually just curious as to what exactly it could be "laced" with? It's usually in bud form and you have to break it up and roll it yourself, it's very hands on. Just curious because I recently started using it for my Crohn's symptoms.
01-31-2012, 12:55 PM   #225
JohnnyRottenAppleseed

Wow that's impressive. 5 masters degrees, a PhD AND 20 years of experience?
Here, the most you can do is a douible major so by that it would mean you've spent 18 years PLUS another 4 years to get a PhD. Oh, and if you're any sort of medical doctor that's even more because of medical school. Assuming you went to school immediately after high school you would probably be 18 years old. Adding 20 years of experience (assuming you're talking about professional experience because using part time work in retail store as a defense is silly) would put you around 60 years old.

This is just out of pure curiosity but I'd love to hear all about your schooling and what not. How accurate am I with my approximation? What are your masters and what kind of PhD do you have? Again, just out of curiosity. I'm inteIt wrested.

You're not realizing that although "you and your friends have never came across laced drugs" doesn't mean anything. You are such a small fraction of people that do drugs, and I'd be willing to bet you don't even do enough to be considered part of that community. I've never came across laced drugs either, but I don't smoke weed. Doesn't mean it's not out there.
it was a joke. I have 20 years experience. This is an opiate addiction thread NOT an Anti-Weed/Cliche/Govt Propaganda thread. Ur post was filled with cliches and no personal or case references eg "more than rarely people die from first hit of
Coke and Extacy". Sorry life isnt a 30 yr old government textbook and your industry has miserable success rate. You need job security. I get it.

PS are you out of college yet? How many drug addicts have you saved? Loved the paint thinner story as if drinking paint thinner has anything to do with weed or this thread about opiate addiction.
01-31-2012, 01:06 PM   #226
JohnnyRottenAppleseed

Hmm, not sure which of these two completely different conversations I want to join .

Maria:
Glad you're finally getting help, your GI sounds JUST like mine. "You have Crohn's, here's some Humira." Only recently, after this forum, am I thinking: Okay, but what about my nausea, gas, cramping and numerous Vit and Min deficiencies. It's nice that they're treating the cause, but there is definitely no need to live in agony all the time. I basically had to fight my GI to get me some Iron infusions when I have been anemic for the past 8 months. And apparently my B12 is "fine".. "normal" is above 200, mine is 213 or something and fatigue is my biggest chron's symptom atm. Sometimes it makes you wonder if some of them even care at all..

As for the MJ convo/arguement:
I'm actually just curious as to what exactly it could be "laced" with? It's usually in bud form and you have to break it up and roll it yourself, it's very hands on. Just curious because I recently started using it for my Crohn's symptoms.
Laced Cannabis is a Government Propaganda myth from the 1970's. Sure it's possible you could encounter it in your lifetime, but highly unlikely. I'd be more worried about wether the cannabis was free of pesticide residue and flushed properly before harvest if your are concerned. You are more likely to find food at your grocery store laced with salmonella or E Coli than laced herb. The Prohibitionists are ADDICTED to their Prohibition $$$. Ask any expert who doesn't make a living off the prohibition of drugs for a real answer. Aka my UCLA trained Medical Doctor has no problems With my daily cannabis use. I also use common knowledge/sense and make sure my cannabis has no Pesticides and mold, the only "lacing", LOL, I'd be concerned about. FYI UCLA is one of the best Medical treatment facilities in the US if not the world. I also know other Medical Doctors who partake in cannabis. Fact.
01-31-2012, 05:53 PM   #227
Plumeria

Ekay03, I can't tell you how much I admire your honesty (with yourself). Those with a family history of alcoholism and addiction are much more in danger of addiction themselves no matter of how much they try and will it away. First off, I am so sorry about your Mom. Let me see if I can answer your questions. First off, I abused the hell out of alcohol before I was diagnosed with Crohns. Of course I was not honest with myself or my doctors about it. I was only ever prescribed hydrocodone 5/500. After I was diagnosed I was put on bowl rest and started taking imuran, Humira, apriso…those kinds of drugs. They worked well until I started drinking again. I wasn’t taking very much hydrocodone, maybe 8 a day, when I became hooked on them emotionally, though I didn’t realize it at the time. I figured they were being prescribed so I couldn’t be addicted. The other indicator I was in trouble (in hindsight) was that I wasn’t doing anything to take care of the Crohns so that I didn’t need the pain meds. At the peak of the addiction, I was taking 15-20 5/500’s a day. I was being told my Docs to try heating pads, sids baths, Tylenol, and I wasn’t…I wanted the instant relief. Also, not at any point was I TRYING to see if only one pill would suffice, or giving myself a chance too gauge what my pain level really was. If it said, take 2 every 4 hours, I did no matter if I really needed them or not. Anyway, what they really meant was take 2 every 4hrs AS NEEDED for pain. When I ran out of scripts, I never bothered trying to get them sooner or tried ER hoping. I had looked into it enough that I knew I would be caught. I would either switch to booze or pot, take them from someone else who had them, or get really sick. My experience with withdrawing is that it started about 12 hours after not having them. But again, I wasn’t listening to my Doc’s instructions on how to ween myself off so I wouldn’t get sick. Towards the end of the abuse, I could only get my hands on 4 to 6 pills a day..enough so I could function. I was also a full blown alcoholic and pain med addict, although I didn’t look like it. I was completely obsessed with pain meds. At first I liked abusing them because they have me energy and they made me feel so such more emotionally better dealing with “life”. I don’t know when I crossed the line into abuse and addiction…everyone is different. But I did…pain meds were all I really thought about: how many I had, when I was getting them again, they were the first thing I thought about in the am… and then I tried killing myself.
In hindsight, I was always comparing (instead of relating) myself to other people. “oh I’m not that bad..oh, I’m not taking that much, Oh I know myself too well for that to happen. Addiction have nothing to do with how well you know yourself or how badly you don’t want to become an addict. Addiction is a disease of the brain. It can be genetic. Having said that I have a sister who can take pills or drink in safety. We do have different personalities and she does not have chronic depression/anxiety like I do. I had also convinced myself that the daily diarrhea I had had nothing to do with my partying. However, after 1 week of not drinking and abusing other drugs, the diarrhea stopped.
I am NOT saying every person who takes pain meds is going to become addicted. I’m not saying that they shouldn’t be prescribed. I know physical pain that makes you throw up. What I just wrote is MY story only, and it’s a story of denial. In my case, it just got to the point the mental pain out weighed the physical. I tried detoxes, therapy, self-knowledge and I could not stop. It wasn’t until I threw myself into a 12 step program that the insanity stopped. As for dealing with the pain these days, it’s bearable. I make sure to take my meds for Crohns as diligently as I did the pain meds. I watch what I eat, and of course I don’t drink. I got third opinions until I found a Doc to help me find that best mix of Crohns drugs. I have also ACCEPTED that I will have pain…although I now follow a plan where the pain isn’t much at all and it’s not very frequesnt. . I stopped thinking, “It’s not fair I have Crohns and I deserve to take pain meds” and just accepted it. I’ve had to have several surgeries for fistulas and for 2 of them, I was ok with just Torodal, baths, and heat. One of them I did need narcotics. I had someone dispense them to me and stayed honest with myself. After the 3rd day I realized the pain wasn’t enough to warrant pain meds so I stopped.
For those that do not relate to this post, please disregard. Again, I really hope no one relates to my story at all, I really do, but in the chance that someone did, I hope I wrote something that helps you not have to go through the hell I went through.

Dx Crohns Disease 2008
reDx Ulcerative Colitis 2009
reDx Crohns (only Colon and rectum) + fistulas 2011

Current Meds: Lialda 200mg, Imuran 150mg, Cymzia, Flagyl 500mg

Surgeries: Lift of perianal fissure
01-31-2012, 06:54 PM   #228
ekay03
My dog has hands!

Plumeria, thank you for taking the time to share that / me. I will continue to closely monitor my own drug use, but lucky for me, I dont drink. My mother drank too. It was part of what killed her. After my dx in 1992 alcohol treated me different than before my dx. I have had a lot of years to try alcohol and... Just makes me sick before I even drink enough to get buzzed. I stopped trying. I think for now I am ok!
02-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #229
Paladin

Opiate withdrawal sets in noticeably at 12 hours depending on the opiate as different opiates have different half lives. You are in a good place if you didn't notice anything it's when you become very conscious of the withdrawal and relief that you should be concerned. I've withdrawn from 200mg morphines and although awful, it won't kill you. You will wish you are dead though.
[email protected]*t, most never experience opiate with drawl, its a fabrication just like marijuana addiction. I have never met a drug i didn't love, but never became addicted to any of em.

A nice solution is to grow a conrner of your garden in opium poppies, no, the cops will not notice, they are widespread in any area, if you google backyard opium production you will gather a wealth of info.

yes, a poppy is a poppy. pooppyseed bagles are opium bagels, the paranoia of the war on drugs has everyone thinking wrongly.
02-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #230
Paladin

Laced Cannabis is a Government Propaganda myth from the 1970's. Sure it's possible you could encounter it in your lifetime, but highly unlikely. I'd be more worried about wether the cannabis was free of pesticide residue and flushed properly before harvest if your are concerned. You are more likely to find food at your grocery store laced with salmonella or E Coli than laced herb. The Prohibitionists are ADDICTED to their Prohibition $$$. Ask any expert who doesn't make a living off the prohibition of drugs for a real answer. Aka my UCLA trained Medical Doctor has no problems With my daily cannabis use. I also use common knowledge/sense and make sure my cannabis has no Pesticides and mold, the only "lacing", LOL, I'd be concerned about. FYI UCLA is one of the best Medical treatment facilities in the US if not the world. I also know other Medical Doctors who partake in cannabis. Fact.
The 'laced marijuana paranoia' of the '80's was because the federal gov't began spraying Paraquat on dope plants in mexico.

Regan admitted it was done to keep 'potheads' on their toes whilst doing
God's work by sending them to any early grave.
02-03-2012, 12:54 PM   #231
JohnnyRottenAppleseed

[email protected]*t, most never experience opiate with drawl, its a fabrication just like marijuana addiction. I have never met a drug i didn't love, but never became addicted to any of em.

A nice solution is to grow a conrner of your garden in opium poppies, no, the cops will not notice, they are widespread in any area, if you google backyard opium production you will gather a wealth of info.

yes, a poppy is a poppy. pooppyseed bagles are opium bagels, the paranoia of the war on drugs has everyone thinking wrongly.
I am with you regarding the failed war on drugs that fuels drug cartel violence, black market, and feeds law enforcement and questionable "rehabs" addicted to tax payer funds. However, I speak from experience. If one is BOTH psychologically AND physically addicted they will have a harder time stopping opiates. It also depends on if the individual has an addictive personality. Otherwise the symptoms could pass in a few days unnoticed. It also depends on the dosage, potency, and duration of opiate use.
My dad grew up in Europe and his mom would make him opium tea when they had a bad cough. Natures NyQuil and much cheaper. The givt doesn't like that here as they have their huge line of "approved drugs" they want to sell you. Same thing will happen to cannabis I'm afraid. The US givt already has a patent on cannabis.
02-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #232
imwood

Laced marijuana is an absolute myth, anyone who has smoked for more than ten minutes knows that most marijuana dealers are a completely different segment of the population than the "hard drug" dealers, and want nothing to do with the bigger drugs. We are not talking drugs of the ghetto, where some gold-toofed hard-ass is walking around with a wad of cash (tens and twenties to the outside so it looks like even more than it is, of course!) slinging whatever he can... we are talking about marijuana.

Get a grip and stop spewing propaganda. Of course, if you focus on the tiny percentage who may do something to their marijuana, you can write a wonderful bogus textbook with skewed facts to scare the elementary school kids, but it doesn't accurately reflect anything. It's almost funny to read. I have smoked for two years for chronic pain, my younger brother has smoked for ten years for chronic pain, and I've known people my entire life who smoke - including that goodly lawyer, doctor, judge, the restaurant owner, the retired principal, all the "upstanding people" around you (so open your eyes!) and I don't know of a single person who's ever gotten a "bad batch" of something "laced." A dealer would lose their entire customer base if they did that.

And I actually was in a relationship for FOUR YEARS with a guy who bought/sold (didn't know until I was months into the relationship, it was my first "real" relationship at 18) - in quantities of quarter pounds, to five pounds, regular weed - and quantities of quarter ounces to quarter pounds, "krip/GM" weed - and not even any of that, over four YEARS, was ever laced with a single thing, by him or by a single person he ever bought from, in dealings along the entire East Coast of the USA. Ever. Ever. Ever? Ever.

Welcome to the 1980's, 1990's, 2000's...
02-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #233
JohnnyRottenAppleseed

KWalker obviously works for a "drug rehab" and is therefore biased as she needs job security. Those who are addicted to tax payer funds, as their job depends on those funds, cling to antiquated 20th century junk science to justify their job existence.

Anyways, isn't this an opiate addiction thread? If anyone has any concerns I have personal experience overcoming a heavy opiate addiction and have been opiate free for 8 years save for the maybe once or twice a year single Vicodin dose, codeine cough syrup, or anasthesia for colonoscopy. I did 6 months methadone and them withdrew from that and now years later fine.
02-03-2012, 01:35 PM   #234
Paladin

Good luck in your studies. Let me guess, you're gonna be a brain surgeon?

Number of people that choked to death on ball point pens in 2008 ? 437.
That is just lower than all combined drug deaths. Simple ASA use accounts for double that number of deaths.

An education used to be a pathway to learn to think and act for oneself and not accept opinions set forth by others as fact.

"Only Users Lose Drugs".
02-03-2012, 01:46 PM   #235
Paladin

Get a grip and stop spewing propaganda. Of course, if you focus on the tiny percentage who may do something to their marijuana, you can write a wonderful bogus textbook with skewed facts to scare the elementary school kids, but it doesn't accurately reflect anything. It's almost funny to read. I have smoked for two years for chronic pain, my younger brother has smoked for ten years for chronic pain, and I've known people my entire life who smoke - including that goodly lawyer, doctor, judge, the restaurant owner, the retired principal, all the "upstanding people" around you (so open your eyes!) and I don't know of a single person who's ever gotten a "bad batch" of something "laced." A dealer would lose their entire customer base if they did that.

And I actually was in a relationship for FOUR YEARS with a guy who bought/sold (didn't know until I was months into the relationship, it was my first "real" relationship at 18) - in quantities of quarter pounds, to five pounds, regular weed - and quantities of quarter ounces to quarter pounds, "krip/GM" weed - and not even any of that, over four YEARS, was ever laced with a single thing, by him or by a single person he ever bought from, in dealings along the entire East Coast of the USA. Ever. Ever. Ever? Ever.

Welcome to the 1980's, 1990's, 2000's...

Good weed is way too valuable to be corrupted in any way, the slightest introduction of foreign material is noticed while smoking.

FWIW i grow my own, legally, hold a licence and do not sell to anyone. My pain is not relieved by smoking so i make up a tincture for injection or
a paste for suppositories. Works great.
02-03-2012, 02:06 PM   #236
Ducey99

Johnny, my question was more for KWalker, because I know there is nothing that you could even really do to MJ hahah. I'm not worried at all about my MJ use, or it containing anything i'm not aware of. I'm a Newfy, so my sarcasm can be tough to read sometimes haha.

Paladin:
I've never heard of anyone taking MJ through injection or suppositories. I'm very curious..

Michael
02-03-2012, 02:16 PM   #237
JohnnyRottenAppleseed

Johnny, my question was more for KWalker, because I know there is nothing that you could even really do to MJ hahah. I'm not worried at all about my MJ use, or it containing anything i'm not aware of. I'm a Newfy, so my sarcasm can be tough to read sometimes haha.

Paladin:
I've never heard of anyone taking MJ through injection or suppositories. I'm very curious..

Michael
i'm a huge fan of cannabis but would never recommend injecting it!!! too many things can go fatally wrong. you don't want to be the first death from cannabis do you?
02-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #238
Ducey99

No I completely agree, I'm just curious because I've never heard of anything like it before.
I'll be sticking with smoking, vaping or eating for sure.
02-03-2012, 09:40 PM   #239
Paladin

?When pot was made illegal back in the 30's, the only objectors to its illegality was the
medicine industry. Tincture of Indian Hemp or marihuana was used in over 400
medical preparations and salves/supositories.
I am not advocating anyone do anything, specially not listen to an idiot like me.

Do your own research, find your own recipes and facts, grow your mind.

I don't suggest pot for recreational use, as a medicine it has many beneficial properties,
as far as recreational use, don't know, have never used it that way.
02-03-2012, 09:42 PM   #240
Paladin

No I completely agree, I'm just curious because I've never heard of anything like it before.
I'll be sticking with smoking, vaping or eating for sure.
Duce, it sickens me that the atlantic region has the highest cancer rates and
lowest allowances of medical pot permits. Just not right at all.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Pain medication and addiction in Crohn's Disease