Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » SCD and Paleo Diets » Specific Carbohydrate Diet Support

11-13-2018, 05:31 PM   #331
SB7

My Support Groups:
Are there many people still doing the SCD?

I was diagnosed approx. 10 years ago with Crohn's in the small intestine. I started the SCD and was feeling pretty good. So, good I begin to think I really didn't have Crohn's. Started eating a blend of SCD and what my acupuncturist recommended, which included rice and sweet potatoes. Then, I tried paleo, then I tried whole plant food diet, interspersed with occasional ice cream, popcorn and then I tried keto.

I just had a capsule endoscopy which revealed worsening of my Crohn's(no doubt due to the junk I was eating), so I'm going back to the SCD and hopefully it will work for me. My G.I. says it's moderate Crohn's now, so I'm a little concerned I waited too long to come back to it. I just started my intro diet, and I feel confident because it feels so familiar. No more venturing off for me. My G.I. is mentioning biologics, which I really don't want to do.

If you have any success stories with SCD or suggestions, I would love to hear them. Like I said, if this works as well as it did before, I will not venture off this way of eating.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » SCD and Paleo Diets » Specific Carbohydrate Diet Support