Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Undiagnosed Club » Thank you entocort!!!!!!!

03-11-2012, 09:16 AM   #1
SawyerAshton

Thank you entocort!!!!!!!

I started taking Entocort on Feb. 23rd. With the risk of jinxing myself, I'm very happy to say that after 3 weeks on Entocort, my last day of pain was Tuesday, March 6th!

I just hope that this holds and things continue to progress in such a good way. Everything seems to be getting better, but what a difference getting through a day at work without pain. Just wanted to share.
03-11-2012, 09:31 AM   #2
Ever Hopeful

My Support Groups:
That's WONDERFUL news! I'm so happy to hear that entocort seems to be working for you! Congrats!
current alternatives: concentrated aloe vera juice, omega3 +joy, probiotics, Vit D, fennel tea, 800mg magnesium/day
past alternatives: moringa olifera, acacia fibre, peppermint capsules, manuka honey, digestive enzymes (made it worse)
03-11-2012, 01:42 PM   #3
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
That's great, Sawyer! Entocort put me into remission and I'm still in remission, it's great stuff. I hope you can get into remission too! Glad to hear you're doing well, long may it continue!
03-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #4
tots

My Support Groups:
did you ever get the shakes from Entocort? I started on Feb 14 and just started feeling this way. Although I have had to deal with the in-laws this week that could explain it too!
03-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #5
SawyerAshton

I really have no side effects that I have noticed. The really interesting part will be to see how my GI reacts when he finds out that my GP put me on Entocort AND it's working. He seems convinced that it is IBS. I think he will be very upset. I guess his reacts Wed. will determine how soon I have to find another GI.
03-11-2012, 09:50 PM   #6
SawyerAshton

Tots - I am taking 3 3MG pills once a day.
03-11-2012, 10:18 PM   #7
tots

My Support Groups:
SawyerAshton- do you know for how long and the game plan after that?
03-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #8
Mayflower537

My Support Groups:
Glad you are getting relief. Will be interesting to see how your GI views that. Let us know!!
03-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #9
bushydougie

Great news for you.
It took a month for me to feel any benefit from it but after that I felt great. I've been on it now for 18 months. I tried to come off it twice early on but relapsed again so my GI has kept me on it ever since.
I'm still not fully diagnosed but as I've responded so well to Entocort my GI does believe I have Crohn's. Hopefully yours will now too!
03-12-2012, 09:27 PM   #10
SawyerAshton

I saw my GP again today and he's very pleased with the progress that I'm making. He does want me to get back on the Lialda with the Entocort. I asked him how long I could be on the Entocort. He seems a bit uncomfortable for me to be on it for any longer than a couple of months. He's going to do some more research on it so we can make a better decision when the time comes.

He originally wanted to put me on Remicade, but he said he was fairly certain that my insurance company would not pay for it without a GI signing off on it.
03-13-2012, 12:47 AM   #11
kllyeve

My Support Groups:
Be careful with how long you stay on Entocort if you are planning on coming off. I am tapering off and am struggling with adrenal suppression as I was on it for 8 months. I am now on Remicade and not having any more pain or constipation, so it is time to come off the Entocort.

But holy god I would not wish the adrenal suppression symptoms on anyone. I'm looking at a long slow taper as the adrenal glands are so suppressed.

If I had known about this side effect, I am pretty sure I would not have bothered to take it.
03-13-2012, 06:36 AM   #12
Cathybiker

Hi SA,
Glad the Entocort is working for you! I started it February 17th and it took 3 weeks but my D is gone. I am having some significant side effects but will take them over the multiple bouts of D anyday! I will be going down to 2 pills a day on Friday and then 1 in 2 weeks. Let's hope this has put me in remission and it lasts after I taper off. Good luck to you as well. I have not heard of Lialda but will be googling.
03-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #13
NikiB

Hey Sawyer,

This is off topic, is the dog in your avatar picture an Australian Cattle Dog?..He/she is very cute!
Have been on Entocort, Cipro, Flagyl
Currently on 175mg Azathioprine
40 mg Humira
03-25-2012, 08:45 PM   #14
SawyerAshton

Niki - he sure is an Austalian Cattle Dog. Sadly I had to put him down in January.

For an update n my GI visit please see: http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=34193
03-25-2012, 11:32 PM   #15
NikiB

Oh Im so sorry. I know that is such a hard thing to do.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Undiagnosed Club » Thank you entocort!!!!!!!