Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Need advice

06-22-2011, 10:41 AM   #1
pitman_justin1988

Need advice

im new i am 22 years old male diagnosed with chrohns and ibs when i was 14 i had bad fistulas had a colstomy bag for over a year it was reversed 2 years ago now i am fightin with constant stomach pain and 10-15 bowel movements a day and cant find a doctor who will do anything about it. the meds i take are cimzia shot nexium imuran prednsione flagyl lomotil librax any help or know of any good doctors in mississippi greatly appreciated i had a great dr but he was a pedtrictian havent found an adult gi yet and have been to 3 or 4 and all they wanna do is run tests and say everything is normal with a slight sign of active chrohns but the never change any of my meds thanks for any help
06-22-2011, 04:37 PM   #2
David
Co-Founder

Hi Justin and welcome. I don't have a recommendation for a GI but wanted to say hello and that it sucks you're going through this

Be sure to check out our diet and fitness forum to make sure you're not eating anything that might be causing you problems.

I wish you nothing but the best and hope you're able to get a treatment plan soon that works for you!
06-22-2011, 04:43 PM   #3
Crohn's Mom

My Support Groups:
Hi Justin,

I'm sorry you're going through so much
Have you tried the CCFA website for a GI doc recommendation?
It may be worth a shot.

Welcome to the forum!
and Austin (18)
DX: Crohn's 7/2013
06-23-2011, 12:38 PM   #4
pitman_justin1988

well my doctor finally called me back today and said my ct showed narrowing and tightening where i had my colostomy surgery reversed 2 years ago and told me to go see my surgeon what does this mean i had a colostomy bag for a year then reversed almost 2 years ago
06-23-2011, 04:22 PM   #5
Crohn's Mom

My Support Groups:
it may be that you have built up scar tissue in your bowel at the site of resection.
06-23-2011, 07:01 PM   #6
pitman_justin1988

if thats so what will they do about that
06-24-2011, 04:53 AM   #7
DustyKat
Super Moderator

Unfortunately you will always have a degree of narrowing at any anastomosis site due to scarring. If and when it becomes problematic then you will generally need further surgery. Either a further resection or sometimes they are able to perform what is called a stricturoplasty, that is where they cut the bowel lengthways to release the scarring without removing any bowel.

Dusty. xxx
06-24-2011, 04:27 PM   #8
pitman_justin1988

well i go wednesday to my surgeon to see what he wants to do about it

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Need advice