Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Undiagnosed for years

06-19-2018, 09:52 AM   #1
jameslufc

Undiagnosed for years

For as long as I can remember i have always have times where i feel sick for no apparent reason. It is only in the last few months where it has got work, had a stool sample and doctor said fecal calprotectin came back high and i definietly have inflammation of the gut, is it normal to be diagnosed for say 3/4 years then for it to get worse to then be diagnosed with Crohn's for example?
06-19-2018, 10:52 AM   #2
Sophabulous

My Support Groups:
Unfortunately it can take quite some time depending on your symptoms etc. My bloods showed inflammation 4 years before we narrowed it down to my gut specifically as I wasnít having very obvious symptoms until 2016. My Crohnís is all hiding in my small bowel though so the symptoms were not typical of what most people experience and Iím sure that slowed things down considerably.

Hope this helps!

Currently taking Azathioprine 100mg, Esomeprazole 40mg, B12 Injections and various supplements. Azathioprine failing so awaiting next steps
06-21-2018, 11:22 AM   #3
cmack
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I would keep trying to get more answers from your doctor and maybe even seek another opinion. The sooner you have a proper diagnosis, the sooner you can focus on feeling well again. Once you get on the right treatment things will improve, things will get better. Good luck, you have my support.
06-22-2018, 11:41 PM   #4
Lynda Lynda

For as long as I can remember i have always have times where i feel sick for no apparent reason. It is only in the last few months where it has got work, had a stool sample and doctor said fecal calprotectin came back high and i definietly have inflammation of the gut, is it normal to be diagnosed for say 3/4 years then for it to get worse to then be diagnosed with Crohn's for example?
Yes.

My docs thought IBS.
Then it was UC.
Now it's Crohn's.
This all happened during a 20 year time span.
06-29-2018, 09:57 PM   #5
Lynda Lynda

Just checking up on you. 🙂
Have you had any more tests ?
Do you feel any better ?
Lynda 🐥
07-03-2018, 05:42 AM   #6
adamlevine

Time to keep track of your extra health
08-17-2018, 09:47 AM   #7
jameslufc

Just checking up on you. 🙂
Have you had any more tests ?
Do you feel any better ?
Lynda 🐥

I had an ultra sound nothing came back so still waiting to get an appointment for a colonoscopy!!
08-17-2018, 08:17 PM   #8
cmack
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I've had a few of those, it's not as bad as it sounds. Best of luck!

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Undiagnosed for years