Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » New member story - lymphocytic colitis

07-18-2018, 11:19 AM   #1
Tigger

New member story - lymphocytic colitis

I was tested for celiac, and came back negative, but did turn up lymphocytic microscopic colitis. I'd never heard of this - but apparently that's what they found in the biopsies. I had been gluten free for over 6 months before I had to go back on gluten for 6 weeks prior to the procedures. (Sure enjoyed those real burgers, and a beer, and real pizza!) I also had a very bad "episode" when I finally concluded from my research that a low FODMAP diet would help, and it really did. Unfortunately my level of tolerance for FODMAPS is lower than those "low" diets - so I'm back in a trial and error phase for finding foods that are compatible. My concern now is actually getting the right nutrition I need. I'm seeing symptoms of low minerals (CA and K) and experiencing some trigeminal neuralgia again which I had success with before - taking extra B vitamins. What kind of vitamins are recommended when you have lymphocytic colitis? I'm currently taking a GF multivitamin, turmeric since I can't take NSAIDs any more for my arthritis, Vit E, and just added the B-complex and some CoQ10. My colon symptoms seem to be stable - in other words, I haven't lost any more weight since my really bad episode last winter - my goal is just to keep from losing more weight and so far, by avoiding gluten and doing almost no FODMAPS I seem to be stable, but I find myself craving vegetables - so wonder what else I can do? Thanks!

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » New member story - lymphocytic colitis