Crohn's Disease Forum » Books, Multimedia, Research & News » MAP Vaccine Ready for Human Trials - Could be Used for Crohn's

10-23-2017, 05:42 AM   #931
Guerrero

My Support Groups:
Mongersen a new biologic that was presented as a possible new drug for crohn's showed lack of efficacy and his testing has been stopped.

I hope anti map vaccine will work then. We need a cure!
04-21-2018, 09:06 AM   #932
crohninator

This is what I think about the vaccine. Its actually my last hope.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Crohns_Johns (1).jpg (40.7 KB, 34 views)
04-22-2018, 12:22 PM   #933
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Amen to we need a cure.
04-22-2018, 01:01 PM   #934
OleJ

My Support Groups:
Second that.
And until that happens I for one will stay clear of dairy and cow's meat out of precaution.
There is just too much circumstantial evidence around now to ignore the possibility that the MAP present in our food chain is triggering and maybe also perpetuating the inflammation cascade.

A) we know MAP is present in pasteurized milk, cheese, and similar products:

B) we know animals get very sick and die from MAP causing a CD-like condition

C) we know (some of) the CD genes are linked to how the immune system deals with mycobacteria
04-23-2018, 01:34 PM   #935
crohninator

Problem is quite simple: symptomatic medications work in mild cases (in some cases). They do not work for "real" Crohns. But nevertheless this fact doesn't really care anyone and everybody is pretending an "intact world" where we can "controll the disease" and it has "lost its horror".
NO IT HASN'T LOST ITS HORROR - THIS IS ONLY TRUE FOR PHARMCOMPANIES AND THE MAJORITY OF DOCTORS. You cannot control any disease without treating the cause.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Books, Multimedia, Research & News » MAP Vaccine Ready for Human Trials - Could be Used for Crohn's