• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Cuz 50

cuz 50

I had barium meal and follow through over 2weeks ago. Have been told that the xray shows that i have no terminal ileum .They are wondering if i have had an op to remove it . I have not had any ops. Wife is a nurse this is how i found out my barium result . What does this mean for me .I have been in constant pain for 8months on tramadol for the pain.Waiting to here from doc at hospital .:depressed:

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Welcome to the forum! Now this is a first for me. Never heard of no terminal ileum? Sorry can't help you on that. You have come to a place for support and answers. The terminal Ileum is where we absorb nutrients. Have you had a colonoscopy? I have Tramadol too, but I rarely use them gives me nightmares. Hope you can get some help here from others. Let us know what the doctor says, I am very curious of your case!

Astra

Hi cuz
and welcome

Yes, how bizarre! Let us know how you get on tho.
glad you found us for some support and advice
hope you get some relief soon
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Terminal ileum is the End Part Of the Ilium(small bowel). It goes into the Caecum at the side and is where your small bowel connects to the large bowel. The ascending colon (large bowel)rises out of the Caecum and the appendix hangs off the bottom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cecum

hi

Jettalady said:
Welcome to the forum! Now this is a first for me. Never heard of no terminal ileum? Sorry can't help you on that. You have come to a place for support and answers. The terminal Ileum is where we absorb nutrients. Have you had a colonoscopy? I have Tramadol too, but I rarely use them gives me nightmares. Hope you can get some help here from others. Let us know what the doctor says, I am very curious of your case!

Hi yes have had colonoscopy they found one small flat polop right at end of large bowl . Thats why they done follow through berium . Have just recieved appoint ment to got to see doc at hospital on 30 april will let you know what happens thanks for your reply
colin kinghorn

help

Jettalady said:
what was said was that they could not see my terminal ileum ,They are going to ask if i have had surgery which i have not. I have read up on this and discoverd it can lead to malutrition. lack of b12 ect .I have had symtoms for 10 year .I moved doc 5year ago in my check up i produced a positive test for key tones in my urine was told must be mistake too another sample was clear .Was told only diabetics and drunks(because of lack of vitemins ) show this, could my ileum problem cause a positive result for key tones