• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Questionnaire for Krohn patients

M

Manor and Amir

Hello,
We are students of medical faculty in "Rothberg" high school, Ramat-Hasharon, Israel.
As a part of our study, we are conducting a research about Krohn's disease.
We appreciate your cooperation and willingness to answer the following questionnaire, that would help us in our research.
we attach herewith a questionaire and kindly ask you to mark yes or no for the yes no questions and answer the other questions with full answers. kindly send them by email to Manor.
We would like to emphasize that the questionnaire anonymous, and the data is used for the purpose of the research only.
we would like to express again our deep appreciation and thank you in advance for your cooperation.

sincerely yours,

Manor and Amir.

Manor's emaill:manornir@bezeqint.net

Questionnaire for Krohn patients:

*Profession:
*Weight:
*Height:
*Marital Status: Married/Divorced/Widow
*At what age did the disease appear for the first time?

*Do you suffer from diarrhea? Yes/No
*If yes – at what frequency?

*Do you suffer from abdominal pain? Yes/No

*Do you suffer from fever? Yes/No

*Did you lose weight since the break of the disease? Yes/No
*If yes – How much did you lose?

*Does the disease relapse due to emotional stress? Yes/No
*Does the disease relapse due to eating certain kinds of food? Yes/No
*If yes – what kind?

*Please rate the severity of your relapses on a scale of 1-5:
*Does the severity of your relapses change? Yes/No
*If yes, in what way?

*Before the break of the disease, did you suffer from arthritis? (Y/N) eye inflammations? (Y/N) skin rashes? (Y/N)
*Is there history of Krohn/Colitis in your family? (Y/N)
*If yes, in which family member?

*What were the initial symptoms of your disease?

*Are you familiar with methods of prevention of the disease? (Y/N)
*If yes, what are they?

*Do you act according to these methods? (Y/N)
*If yes, in what way?

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
I'm not sure if people want to email you, because then you would have their personal email address. Maybe they could answer your survey right here? Would that work?

I agree with My Butt Hurts. I don't give my email to just anybody... and I have to say this is the first time I've seen Crohn's spelled with a "K". =)

Astra

I'm sorry, but I'm not prepared to do this either!
We can't just give our email addys out to anybody.

I don't know...I think it's kind of insensitive to come and ask for surveys on a forum where people often come for support when they are very sick. Just my two cents though. No offense meant.

Intresting...... You didn't mention the reason for your study? if you are just curious as to how people deal with Crohns dx i would suggest you read some of the posts on this site. I have to tell you that you have given very little infomation which sends up a red flag for me..... apparently im not the only one.

You'd think if they were actually intersted in answers, they would have made another post to clarify things - since they haven't, I wonder....

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
I'm not getting a red flag really. Remember guys - they are just high school kids doing a research project.
It's possible that they can't even find their first post (I got lost the first few times on here)
Also - they might not have even thought to check back, and just assumed that people who would want to participate would have emailed them.

Since it's supposed to be anonymous, I wouldn't mind sending the answers to their PM box - but I'm not going to take the time unless I hear from them that that's okay.

Manor and Amir - Do you want to set a date that you need your answers by, and then we can send them to your private message box on this site?
Then when you sign in, you will see them like an email.

They could be posting this on many forums to gather a database of emails of people who have IBD or Krohns (I like the new spelling too.) If they gather thousands, they can eventually sell the list to people who market products to KRONES (like that?) patients.