• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Introduction, biopsy wednesday and freaking out abit

N

nurseant

Hi, I'm 22 and work as a chemotherapy/oncology clinic nurse and when I started seeing blood in my stools a year ago i was abit scared and went to the docs, they gave me a flexy-siggy and said my bleeding was psychosomatic and sent me on my way. It went away but for the past five months I've had to go to the toilet about 6-10 times a day and the bleeding seems to be getting alot worse now. Doc has referred me for an urgent full scope and biopsy after having a quick look. The steroidal suppositories seemed to help at first and I've been joking about it quite alot. Now I must admit I'm terrified as bleeding was really bad tonight. Looks like i'm going to be a regular here just waiting for a diagnosis so I can sort my life out. Not been able to do alot recently with it to be honest. So there's my story and hi all. Maybe I'll move to colorectal nursing eventually to help people going through it aand thought id join and chat to some people and read your stories. so hi. :)

ameslouise

Hi and welcome to the forum! Blood in the toilet can be super scary and never a good thing to put off seeing the doctor about. I hope you get a DX soon and some good meds and can start to feel better soon.

Please keep us posted on your progress! -Amy

I've never heard of blood in the stool being psychosomatic.
Were you ever anemic in the last year? Ever have SED rate
measured? B12 test?
Hope you are ok.

Astra

Hi nurseant
and welcome

Hope you get sorted soon and yes! I was told I was psychosymatic too many years ago! I got my dx eventually! Have a scoot round the forum and we'll see you around, any questions, fire away
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

N

nurseant

Hi thanks everyone. Just had my fleet yesterday which I threw up and didnt work lol. 2nd bottle at 7am worked abit too well. Scope in several hours now. Last time they said it was medical student syndrome, but its alot worse this time round and at least they're taking biopsies this time. Looking forward to finding out what it is to get it sorted. I'll have a proper scoot round the forum afterwards as I'm taking the day off tomorrow due to the midazolam. Didnt think it would be safe to work. Really glad there's something like this out here so people can vent together and help each other. Blood tests all came back normal and they didn't do an FOB on
me, even had to ask the GP to do a cultures. Crazy.

I hope your scope went well. Let us know the results. I don't understand how anyone could think that internal bleeding is psychosomatic! If we had that much mind control, I wouldn't have any flares! lol

Lilly

Wonder if Dr.'s are taught that at school..."when you don't know what's wrong...say it's in their head"....
Hope you feel better soon! The people here are great and make you laugh.
Wendy
________
Toyota Aa Specifications

Last edited: