• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New member!

Hey!
Was so happy to find this site. I was diagnosed last year in August, after having had symptoms for more than 3 years. Up to now i've been treated with 9mg of Entocord a day, but recently the dosage has been lowered to 3mg with 2 tablets of salazopyrin along with that. I've noticed that my hair has been falling out a lot, is that normal? Is there anything i can do to prevent it?

Any advice will be appreciated.:tongue:

Welcome Dras,
Sorry I don't have any experience with hair falling out yet but there are lots of people on here who can help you. Hope you find a solution,
Gail

GoJohnnyGo

One Badass Dude
Salazopyrin is similar to 5-ASA drugs. I experienced hair loss on Asacol.

Then again, I'm at an age where gravity causes hair loss, LOL.

Oh, and happy to have you on board. Sorry about the Crohn's thing.

I do really well on Entocort, BTW.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Crohn's Forum Dras!

I take a similar drug as you for my Crohn's
and my hair falls out but it does come back in...
Like it doesn't all fall out at once...
as it falls new hair is coming in
so you don't notice bald patches of anything.

Good to have you on board. :)

Thanx 4 making me feel so welcome! It's so wonderfull being in touch with people who share the same experiences i do! i've also been doing quite well on entocord, i've come a long way in a short time. And thanx for the hair advice, i figured it was the meds. It's nice meeting all of you! xxx

Welcome to the forum! I too have had hair loss. I think it may be related to the meeds too. Good luck!

Astra

Hi Dras
and welcome

I'm on Pentasa and have hair loss too, but it might also be a Crohnie thing!
welcome anyway, enjoy the forum
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

hi Dras, welcome to the forum!

ditto on the hair loss, although i've hardly been on meds before/after the hair loss started.. mine seemed to start in conjuction with the return of Crohn's, so i think sometimes it's meds and Crohn's, & sometimes just the illness itself.

I'm a hair loser too. Lol! But my doctor did tell me that several of the drugs i am on (and was on) could cause it. But like Astra said, could just be a chronie thing.

Hi Dras! I know it's a little belated to welcome you. Sorry it took me a bit, but I just wanted to say to say welcome and I have also had the hair falling out experience. I just keep changing my hair style so it's less noticeable lol.

Astra

Bald with hairy faces! cracked, split nails to boot! Oh, and fat too!
MY GOD!!! HOW SEXY ARE WE?
Eat ya heart out, SJP!!!

Welcome. I've never heard of the hair falling out, but I have the facial hair problem too. I use my husbad's razor above the lip and chin area. The first time he saw me he couldn't believe it. Anyway welcome and I hope you find some answers. My husband hates me to use his razor, Lol.
lucy