• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Finally some answers

Yes!! Finally I have some answers....but fear my future with this nasty disease. Hello all! Im Bev, a 30 year woman, married with two children ages 3 and 7 months. I have been sick on and off for 10 years. Nobody could ever figure out what was wrong with me. I would have serious bouts of pain landing me in the ER. Sometimes I would have fever, some diahrea, some vomiting, high white count, and servere pain. I would go to the ER and nobody could give me answers.....so they assumed I was there for pain meds and sent me home. I would usually dose myself so high on meds I would sleep for a week or two....wake up and be better. This went on for 10 years, I would have a year maybe year and half between episodes, otherwise I was fine.

Durring 2008 I became vitamin deficient lacking B-12 and Iron. I also became prego in 2009. I started B-12 injections and that helped. I gave birth to a healthy baby girl in Oct 2009, in Janurary my hell began. I started to have serious bathroom issues, and doc's just told me it was my body getting used to normal (not prego) again. So I went with it. Pain gradually increase and I went from severe constipation to severe diahrea and nausea. I knew my episode was lurking and I was getting sicker by the day. I kept trying to tell myself it would be ok, and I was just getting back to "normal". In Feb I ended up in the ER doubled over in pain....severe diahrea and vomiting. I had a fever, and I was sicker than ever!! They immediatly dosed me up on pain meds....next thing I know by BP is droppin and they docs are racing around like crazy people pumpin me full of anphetamine. Catscan showes severe inflamation and infection in colon and intestins..... Im admitted. I was diagnosed with Colitis. Stayed a week in the hospital, had colonoscopy where they removed pulups and sent me home with antibiotics and pain meds.

In March things are worse.....I decide Im in agony I drive back to the hospital....they take my temp 103.8...admitted immediatly. They dont have any idea....blood work looks bad. After 8 days and a tramatic time in the hospital Im released with some diagnosis of inflamed/infected lymphnodes in lower right abdominal quadrant....and presumed Crohns disease. Ever since then, Ive been on 21 pills everyday just for the Crohns. 9mg of Entocort and 4000 mg of Pentasa.....and its terrible!! I have daily migraines, nausea, exhaustion and severe fatigue...and still have diahrea several times a day and even have bloody stools. WOW!!!! Thats way too much....

My life is chaotic at best!! Everyother day Im in for blood work, or going to this doc or getting a pill to offset the side effects of another pill. I dont slepp, I dont eat very well, and somedays are HELL!! And, I have two young children who just want thei mommy to do it all. My GI is part of a huge practice and to get an apt Im waiting 6 weeks at least. They refuse to give me pain meds, so I have to see a different doc for that......it gets a bit miserable. UGH!! Sorry for venting....Im just soooo tired of it all. Anyway, Im glad I found this site. I have learned far more here than any where else, and I look forward to some support from others battling this same disease...Thanks!!

You poor thing. Crohn's is definitely no fun, but you WILL start to feel better...hopefully soon. Most people on this site have similar horror stories about being diagnosed, trouble with dr's, feeling fed up, so this is the perfect place to vent! We're all here for you, so any questions, make sure you ask! Good Luck and I hope you start to feel better soon!
x

Hi BLM,
I'm sorry to hear what you are going through. My only suggestion is to find another doc. Waiting 6 weeks for an appt is too long. Do you have any other choice in your area?

Astra

Hi Bev
and welcome

Yes we all feel your pain!
when you see your doc ask about a short course of Prednisolone, budesonide (entocort) is quite mild for your type of symptoms, cos you're quite 'active', and Pred will not only heal your pain and inflammation, but will give you some much needed energy too.
I'm on Pentasa too, but it's no good on it's own whilst you're flaring, it is a maintenance drug to ward off inflammation and retain remission, no good for D or pain, you could try codeine phosphate too, this is fab for pain and D, but unfortunately makes you drowsy, but if taken at night, will knock you out for a restful sleep!
good luck, glad you found us
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Last edited: