• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohns

My mother in law is back in the hospital today. She was just released yesterday after being taken to the ER on Friday. My husband and I have been staying with her for a little over a month now and since we been here, she has been in the hospital 5 times. She hasn't been back to work in over 2 weeks. She is on all types of meds like zefran, reglan, donnatal, many others I cannot think of. She also gets rhemmacaid treatments. I'd like to find other people with the same condition she could talk to when she gets out of the hospital. Shes always in bed feeling ill. She seems to get naucous after going to the bathroom. WHat are other people doing to stop these flares and what medications seem to be helping you? She needs as much help as she can get. Thanks.

GoJohnnyGo

One Badass Dude
That's very thoughtful of you. It's fortunate that your mother in law has a strong support system.

Pretty easy to remember the URL here. Tell her to head over to crohnsforum.com when she's able to. There's no shortage of advice or fellow support here!

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Welcome tasha1985.

I am sorry to hear about your mother in law. Hopefully her spirits are not too low and she would be willing to come on here to find some additional information and support. There is a lot of information throughout these forums on the different medications and treatments people have used and we are always willing to answer any questions.

hi Tasha, & welcome :)

i hope your mother-in-law improves enough to come home soon.

i think she'd benefit a lot from joining us - we have members of all ages, with all kinds of experiences. also, you could contact the CCFA here.. http://www.ccfa.org/ - i'm sure they have a Florida chapter and may even have volunteers who visit people in hospital or their own homes, or may have social groups she could attend.