• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi everyone!

Hi, I'm new to this forum but, not to Crohns was diagnosed 30 yrs ago aged 13 Managed to get away with surgery until I was 26 but, then had to have a right hemicolectomy got a 15 yr remmision with no symptoms, no docs and no meds

Then in 2008 crohns raised its ugly head starting with an enterocutaneous fistula and 4 small strictures in the small bowel had operation for all in Jan 09 and ended up with a temp stoma which was hell to live with.

In April this year I had the ileo reversed but, had loads of complications had peritonitis a week later and had to go on TPN for 2 weeks. At last I can now say im doing ok. Hope to speak with many of you Bev x

Hi, I'm new to this forum but, not to Crohns was diagnosed 30 yrs ago aged 13 Managed to get away with surgery until I was 26 but, then had to have a right hemicolectomy got a 15 yr remmision with no symptoms, no docs and no meds

Then in 2008 crohns raised its ugly head starting with an enterocutaneous fistula and 4 small strictures in the small bowel had operation for all in Jan 09 and ended up with a temp stoma which was hell to live with.

In April this year I had the ileo reversed but, had loads of complications had peritonitis a week later and had to go on TPN for 2 weeks. At last I can now say im doing ok. Hope to speak with many of you Bev x

" I may not be where I need to be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be. "

Astra

Hi Bev
and welcome fellow Brit

Gosh you've been thro the mill! I'm glad things are beginning to look up for you now. and also glad you found us, lots of support here and advice, enjoy the forum!
Lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Hi Bev, I'm new too. Glad to meet you :) Sounds like you've had a rough time with Crohn's. Looks like there's a great support network here so I'm really glad that you (and I) have found it.

*hugs*

busy

Regular Joe

Hello Bev,

Welcome to the forum. I hope that you'll be doing OK for a long time now that you're doing OK.

Thanks for joining us.
Joe

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi Bev,

My daughter had a (R) hemicolectomy 4 years ago and has been in remission since then. I hope she has a long stint with few issues for many years to come. It's good to hear things are taking a turn for the better. Welcome to the forum.

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Hi Bev, sorry I missed this. I try to say hello to everyone and then learn from them as most of you who actually have this disease are on a much faster learning curve than I.

Welcome from Berkshire, not far from you. Sounds like a pretty awful time with your Crohns, sorry to hear that sure you will find comfort here though. Hope you are doing well now x