• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hey just joined

hey just joined

hello i am Claire from the UK looking at what posts i have seen so far looks like most people are from over the water.

well i am 24 years old had crohns now for 8 years when i was first diagnosed (age 16) it took the doctors only 6 months to find out what it was which i think is rather good as i seen in a post it took 5 years!! (poor you). I was very ill though i was on all the steroids, pentsa but sadly they didn’t work an i had to have the op, which eased my symptoms right away.

I have had a few flare ups since but now it looks like it back and fighting hard :( back on the steds and pentsa, now also going through all the tests again see how far its gone again. seen your site and thought it was be good for some support as i am feeling rather low at the moment

you all seem great fighting people :)

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
:welcome:Claire! Glad you found us, there are alot of people from the UK and Canada, and US, seems to be the most popular. Northern hemisphere is where it seems to be more prevelent in Crohn's. There is a wealth of information here, many wonderful people here to help you.

We understand the highs and lows, mostly lows. Getting the right medication that works for you will help you get back on track. Pentasa is a mild drug, there are many for you to try, but starting mild and working up higher is the best route.

This community is great and we do have a laugh or two, which we all needs as laughter is the best medicine. Welcome aboard! Hope to see you around!

Hey, Claire! I'm new, too! Just joined yesterday, and everyone's been so welcoming! I already love it here!

I've also had Crohn's for eight years! Diagnosed when I was only 10 years old.

Hope your flare goes away quickly and the steroids and Pentasa do their job! :)

Hello Claire!

We have members from all corners of the globe here.
I'm sure you will fit right in with everyone.

Storming here and I wanted to say hi before I shut this down.

Welcoming hugs~Nancy

Hi Claire! x
I'm from the UK too and also 24yrs diagnosed when I was 12yrs. So so so glad you found this site like me. The last few weeks its been so refreshing to chat and I cant belieeeve I haven't done anything like this sooner. I've never felt so comforted by a group of people who I've never even met. I don't think I could ever feel alone with this hurdle ever again :0) x x So sorry to hear that it's back in town really hope your starting to feel better soon and you find the giggles and support that you need.

loadsa luv and big hugs xx

Astra

Hi Claire
and welcome fellow Brit
not so far from me!

I'm really old compared to you lot (with the exception of Penny) ha ha ha

great to have you on board Claire, lots of friends here for you, and any questions, fire away!
Lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hi Claire
and welcome fellow Brit
not so far from me!

I'm really old compared to you lot (with the exception of Penny) ha ha ha

great to have you on board Claire, lots of friends here for you, and any questions, fire away!
Lotsa luv
Joan xxx

:nonono: Hey I saw that!!!! :kello: That's cuz I am older and wiser :ytongue:

Hi Claire, welcome. I am new to the board, too, but not to Crohn's! And I am an old person, too! LOL!!!

Last edited:
Hey Claire, welcome to the forum :). I'm pretty new myself but it didn't take long to realise there were lots of very kind and helpfull people on here.

Hope you feel better soon,
Matt

Regular Joe

Hello and welcome,

There are some here who say they're old. Well I'm almost 52, and was diagnosed a teensy bit later than most...BUT I'M NOT OLD!

I'm new today...the best version of Joseph M that ever was. Of course, there's not much competetion.

The best part of Crohn's Disease for me is now I have to be much more aware of my health and mental state. I was forced to either "fight" as you said, or "get old". Another blessing I noticed is, it seems most every day, someone will tell me how "good" I look. Now it's starting to go to my head!

If it wasn't for this disease, I wouldn't be taking as good care of myself. Which in turn, I would not be looking "good enough" to be getting complimented about how good I look. The long and the short of all of this is the disease has forced me to believe in myself.

Since you have this disease as your "traveling partner", I hope you gain as much from the experience as me...even more!

Again, Welcome!
Joseph

Okay Okay....I'm the oldest member on the board here...LOL.
I have to agree with Joe...and what happened with me was
I got to thinking...my insides look a mess....
so I had better look my best on the outside..
I strive for that each and every day.

Also age is a state of mind...
My mind lately has been like an 8 year old's. :tongue:

You do look great Joe....so if I were you...
I'd let it go to your head...it just makes you more charming. :redface:

*now where did i leave my walker?*