• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohns and colostomy bags

Hi all,

I am new here. I am here to seek the knowledge of the group as I am assuming that someone must have encountered the problem I am facing. As those of you who read my introduction know, I am here to help a friend.I shall call them "X"
I am sorry to be so direct but I am at my wits end!

Does any body know a way of fixing a colostomy bag to a concave recess on the body to ensure a secure seal. X has a high output STOMA, little intestinal tract and no colon so struggles to gain weight. Due to a recent period in hospital she lost a lot of weight and the bag will no longer stick. The STOMA nurse does not know what to do and merely passes the buck to us to solve this. As you can imagine, it seems like the hospital are at a loss and so are we. The only thing we can come up with is maybe BOTOX injections to fill the recess. Does anyone else know if this has been tried?
Or does anyone out there have any suggestions.

yours sincerely
Brocky

brocky, Sorry to hear of X's struggles and good on you for helping out.

Sorry I cannot answer directly but there are several folks here who will be able to advise you. I've seen threads where this kind of issue is discussed so try using the search feature of the forum. I'm sure you'll get some good information.

good luck!

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Brocky, here's a link to a thread on here about ostomies. Jeff has had a time and a half with his new ostomy and the latter pages deal with just such problems as your friend seems to be having.

http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=10017

Skip to the last page as he is having leakage problems right now and getting good advice from more experienced ostomates.

Good luck and welcome.