• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello

Hi,

I'm Matt, a colonless 30 year old diagnosed with UC about 7 years ago. I am now facing the possibility of a Crohns diagnosis so I thought I'd read up.

Cheers

Silvermoon

Hey Matt! Welcome to the site! Sorry for the late welcome... :redface:

Hope you find the info you need and/or are looking for...there is LOTS of it there....

We would love to hear a bit more about you and what you are doing right now for your IBD....what meds are you on? How are you liking them? anything else you take you find helps? Diet? Of course...I could jsut be being way too nosy, and you can totally just stay to yourself and read up on everything..lol :redface:

Welcome anyway!! :) :)

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi Matt and :welcome:

You have certainly found the right place for information and experience. Heaps of great people here for that. It sounds like you also have plenty experience to offer. I hope you stick around and let us know how you are getting on.

All the best and take care,
Dusty

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Hi Matt, welcome! I'm a little perplexed by the date of your post, cause I, and apparently everyone else, seem to have missed it. Anyway, like Silver said, if you give more info, you'll be amazed at the help these guys can offer. Good luck!

Dallies

Dragonfly
Dexky I see what you mean about the date although the date confuses me a bit anyway as it's back to front I first thought it said 7th October!. Today is 18/07/10. At least Matt's post is up and running now, it got here eventually. Was going to use a smilie face thing but I can't find any they have disappeared!

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Well, at the risk of being yelled at for stealing Matt's thread, I have to say that the dates on these threads is a yankee interpretation cause mm/dd/yy is the way we always write them. Now, some un-named individuals would say we yanks have to twist everything to suit ourselves so it makes me wonder who is really in charge over at admin. Sorry Matt!!

Dallies

Dragonfly
Ha ha (where are the smilie things gone?) I looked at the date and thought yikes it's October I have slept for 3 months!!!!!!! I knew I shouldn't have drunk red wine last night. SORRY MATT xx

ameslouise

Hi Matt - I am also colonless, originally UC and re-DX as Crohn's (though I'm considerably older than 30!!)

Do you have a j-pouch? What has led to doc's suspecting you have Crohn's? What meds are you on? I'd love to hear your whole story!

-Amy