• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Longer version..

longer version..

I am needing support and information. I've had IBS for more than 20 yrs but let it go due to other health issues. I've had 4 surgeries in less than 2 yrs. Considering the fact that I put it on the back burner, I am now having big time problems.
Tests were ordered, a CT Scan with Barium and dye contrast. It seems like the tests intensified my symptoms.
I am having really bad eye pains, arthritis, chest pain, rash/itching, joint pain, back pain, abdominal pain, stomach pain, constipation and the opposite (all in the same day), up to 10+ BM a day, sinus probs, incontinence, overall fatigue/exhaustion.
I go to the doc in one week, then the gastro two days after. (The results came back from CT and doc called the next day and scheduled the appt for next week with him).
Im suffering really bad. I stay in pain. Other than these issues Ive had 2 cervical fusions, both wrists had carpel repaired and trigger thumbs, and first two fingers. Then they did my elbow and want to do the other now. I'm sick of doctors but because of all these issues I am now suffering from crohns cuz I let the IBS get too bad.
So no pity wanted or needed, just advice and info and SUPPORT!

Hello Vigi and :welcome:to the forum. Personally I've just been bouncing around the site tonight trying to take my mind off the fact that my surgical consultation is not for another week, I've been on mostly liquid, some soft diet since April 7th, dealing with pain and/or pain meds, and just having my own pity party. Then I read your post and feel very selfish. Per your request, it's not pity for you, but just reminding myself that I can be such a wimp. :lol: You must be very strong to be going through everything you are dealing with.

Sometimes the best support is taking your mind off things. I lived in TX years ago. It is a beautiful state. What part of TX are you in? I was in the Temple/Belton area for a while, then the Colony, then Dallas/Ft. Worth area. I loved going to the Texas State Fair and a few of the state parks, but unfortunately have not been back in over 15 years. I bet it has changed a lot.

I don't have much in the way of advice or info, other than the fact that you are here and I can tell you that there are some WONDERFUL people here that have been through it all and you will probably hear from them soon. So, :hang: and don't go too far away.

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Hi Vigi, welcome to the forum. Wow you've had it rough. I don't have crohn's, it's my son. I hope they've prxed some pain meds. You're obviously not getting any rest judging from the time of your post. All I can say is good luck!! You'll get better advice soon, I'm sure.

ameslouise

Hi Vigi and Welcome.

I hope you find some relief soon from all the IBS related issues you are suffering. There are a lot of great meds out there and with the proper diagnosis, I am sure you will find something that will help - hopefully quickly!

Hang in there! Please let us know how your appts go and what the plan of action is. In the meantime, you will find lots of good info and support on this site.

Good luck! - Amy

Astra

Hi vigi
and welcome

sorry you're in so much distress, you're obviously having a bad flare up! I can empathise however, with the IBS dx, and how it deteriated into this mess! hope you can get some appropriate meds soon and that someone listens to you, be sure to take a list of symptoms and questions, don't leave anything out, let us know how you get on, good luck!
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

All PROPS!

I surely am lovin dis place! Lotsa love! I definately have sleeping issues...no doubt about that one.
I appreciate all the props and support. This place ROCKS! I will most certainly let everone know whaz up.
I am feeling more human today and my spirit rises when that happens...you can't keep a good person down!
Thnkx again for all the sweet remarks.