• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Signs of complications after surgery??

signs of complications after surgery??

I just had a surgical resection for stricture in terminal ileum 5 days ago. Recently noticed bloody diarrhea. Anyone have this? Is this a complication of surgery?

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hi Crohnie, no I cant say that has happened to me, is it dark or red blood? Try not to worry it could be that it is nothing unusual. If it continues contact your doctor.

Congrats on your surgery. Are you in any pain? Are you taking any meds now/

Hang in there, I am sure someone can come to your aid.

Keep us posted on how you do.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi Crohnie and :welcome:

Roo had a resection of the terminal ileum also but did not suffer with bloody diarrhoea post op. She did have diarrhoea but no blood.

As Jett has asked is it fresh blood or old blood. When did you first have your bowels open, how often and has the blood been present the whole time? As Jett has also said, it would be best to contact your doctor if it continues.

I'm glad you found us and I look forward to seeing you around.

All the best,
Dusty

Hey,

Welcome !!! Hope the surgery went well. I had a resection 11 years ago and the first few times I visited the loo it was the same as you described and was like that for about a week. But if you have concerns I would phone your doc straight away just to get peace of mind. Sure everything is ok but obviously I am no doc.

YOur be back to yourself in no time
Jo x