• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to board Paul's story

new to board Paul's story

Hello my name is Paul i was offically dx with crohn's in May 2010 but been have on and off problems since March of 2008. In March of 2008 i was hit with a really bad stomach bug which my stomach and GI Track never fully recovered. i have never been the same since then. i was hospitalized for 5 whole days during that time they never could positivley give me a different dx of anything. i was having a fever of 103, lots of pain in LRQ and lots of vomiting and diarrea for days, major headache. they first taught it was appendicitis but the blood work so no and ct scan said no, then taught it was bad food posioning but test came back no, then they belived it was Cdif that came back negative. after leaving the hosiptial i was still having lots of stomach cramping for months. i had my first EGD/full colonscopy done that year with only minor inflamition in parts of my large intestine then i got better for about a year and half then around Memorial day of this year i started having bloody diarrea and lots of LRQ pains and LLQ cramping with lots of nausea. i had 2 flex sigs within the last year in half, a pillcam sb, and lots of blood and stool samples. my scopes come up clean, the pillcam never left my stomach in over 8 hours. that lead to being dx with gastropersis(SP) which is a slow empting stomach on top of the Crohn's which make treating my Crohn's more challenging since my stomach is slow to empting. i had a break of about 2 weeks recently then bam hit with the bloody poops again and cramping and nasuea. seen gi doc yesterday changed me for encrotc er to predisone on top of all my other meds
Antenol, HCTZ, zofran, ferguean, Pentasa, Bentyl, Lomotil, Vicidon, smborct, sprivia, proventail, allegery drops, zoloft, trazodone, klonpin
yes it a lot of medicine with a bunch of other medical stuff wrong with me including seasonal asthma, seasonal allgeries, GERD, Crohn's, Gastropersis, depression, anxiety, HBP, Bicupisd aortic valve, and Obsrubtive Sleep Apena.
all of this and i am only 26 years old feel like im 76 most of the time.

Astra

Hi Paul
and welcome

Gosh, that is one helluva list you got there! so sorry you're suffering like this, maybe someone on here can help, any questions, fire away. stick with us for support and have a read thro the sections, lots of friends here for you, to vent, scream or just have a belly laugh!
hope the steroids give you some relief at last!
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi Paul and :welcome:

Whoa, that is a lot to deal with. I've got to admit that when I reading through the list of meds, I was thinking to myself "how old is this guy". :ywow:

I'm glad you found your way here. There's loads of friendly and knowledgeable hanging out here and it would be great to get to know you better. Who knows we may even have some answers for you! :biggrin:

Welcome aboard!

Take care,
Dusty

Hey Paul - boy, sorry you have to go through all this! So glad you found this forum.

i am only 26 years old feel like im 76 most of the time.
Know what you mean there! Hope the pred works quickly for you - there's lots of people to give help/advice about that terrible, horrible, no-good, very-bad wonder drug on here - helped me loads the last time I was on it! :D

i was really hoping she wouldn't put me on the horrible miracle drug we know as presidone. we tried a we of encort er before she decided it wasnt working enough. i have been scouting the sight out of the last month before i decided to join i have found out alot of good information on here so far. i have had a lots of good belly laughs reading some of the diet and treatment post about the gremlins in side of people tummies.

Hi Paul and :welcome:

Whoa, that is a lot to deal with. I've got to admit that when I reading through the list of meds, I was thinking to myself "how old is this guy". :ywow:

I'm glad you found your way here. There's loads of friendly and knowledgeable hanging out here and it would be great to get to know you better. Who knows we may even have some answers for you! :biggrin:

Welcome aboard!

Take care,
Dusty
and i forgot a couple of meds to like nexium and rowasa enemas:crabby1:

Yeah, one of the best things about this forum is the laughs! I never knew how funny Crohn's could be until I found this place! :biggrin: But the folks on here are really great and understand it when you don't feel so much like laughing.

There's one for the "You might have Crohn's if" thread: ... you forget to add some "minor" meds to your list! :wink:

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Hi Paul welcome and glad you are here!! Geez that's a lot of meds!! Do you spread them out during the day? That'd be like a meal if you took all that at once:). Hope you stick around!!

most of them are all at once except the bentyl, pentasa, are multiple times a day and the rowasa enemas are at night

Do you have good insurance now Paul? If so through whom?
it is decent. i have had better when i was in the military but this is the best i have had since i got out last year. it is through anthem blue cross/ blue shield. most of my daily medinces beside what i am taking for the crohn's is farily cheap like around 2-5 dollars so i cant complain there.

hi Paul & welcome to the forum :) i'm glad you actually joined us after lurking for a while - i often wonder how many of the 'guests' i see on the online list actually come in and register..

i am also amazed at the list of meds you have to take every day - i haven't even heard of half of them! sorry to hear you've had another stomach blip recently despite all the meds - i hope the pred sorts it out. i know there are many misgivings about going on steroids, but pred also has a very good track record for helping us when we really need it.

the gastropersis... is that the same as dumping syndrome?

looking forward to seeing you around the forum :)

the gastropersis... is that the same as dumping syndrome? :)[/QUOTE said:
it can be but mine is my stomach is holding food for way to long. during my first pillcam sb the pill never left my stomach after 8 hours. during research that i have done on the disease it is usually held by diabetics which i am not. or it can happen by a virius like i had back in 08 which started all this mess. you can go from being to slow to a dumping synrdrome like you was asking

Paul welcome to the forum. You've really been hit with a lot of stuff and it must be one heck of a burden. I hope the information you find here helps you find a way to get some peace.