• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

From Missouri

I'm 27 years old. I'm new to this Crohns disease I have been researching it online to understand it completely. I was diagnosed with crohns in January of 2010 they say I have a severe case of it. Also, my doctor stated I could have had it longer but since I didn't have insurance at the time I couldn't be checked out. I'm taking metronidazole 3 times a day, ciprofloxacin 2 times a day, pentasa (3) 3 times a day and azathioprine 2 times a day. I go back to see my gastro, Oct 6th he stated if I'm not better than I will be going to shots as well as the medications. On top of the crohns disease I have anemia. I have lost alot of weight as well I'm currently at 155 but I was at 130 I'm skin and bones. That's enough about me for right now I hate to tell strangers about my disease.

Hey there and :welcome:

Glad you found this forum - I just stumbled across it last fall and learned more about Crohn's in a few months than I did living with it for years! And I never knew what a relief it was to talk with other Crohnies - I also don't advertise to strangers that I have a disease, but talking to folks on here is a lot different - they understand! :D Are the meds you on helping you at all?

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi James and :welcome:

Like Inky said, this is a great place to talk about your Crohns, no judgements just good honest support and advice. I would imagine your anaemia is related to your Crohns and may be in one or two ways. Firstly bleeding, even if it isn't obvious you most likely have some degree of slow blood loss and if your Crohns is in your ileum then you may not be absorbing iron and B12.

I'm glad you found your way here and I hope you stick around so we can get to know you better and make you feel more comfortable talking about the Crohns.

Welcome aboard!

Take care,
Dusty

Dallies

Dragonfly
Hello James and welcome to the forum. You will not be a stranger for long here. You will be amongst friends xxx

Thanks everyone! InkyStinky, Sometimes I feel like the medication is helping out and sometimes no. My regular doctor said most likely I'm going to have to go to the shots plus the medications. It seems like I'm a blood bank he takes more blood out of me plus watching out on the stools as well.

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Hey James, welcome to the forum!! You've found the right one here!! You stated your weight at 155 but were at 130. Did you get that backwards? The GI wants to start you on shots of what? Are you on iron supplements? Sounds like you should be. Good luck, I hope you stick around.

I'm not sure what kind of shots he stated that if it didn't get better I would have to be on shots but he didn't go into details. He just gave me some blood work paper to get some more blood work before I come in and see him again on October 6th. I used to weigh 130 but now I weigh about 155 it goes down and up. Yeah, I'm taking iron supplements but it's not really helping. I'm new to this disease don't know alot about it the only thing I know is what I have researched.

hi welcome to the boards. i just joined today. but i have been watching this board for a couple of weeks to a month since i was dx with the crohns and have found it very helpful just like everybody has said

Astra

Hi James
and welcome

glad you found us, lots of friends here for you, you won't be a stranger long!
word of advice tho, don't go trawling thro the net, lots of horror stories out there! any questions, ask the experts, us!
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Hiya and welcome! There's lots of advice here and people who've dealt with different aspects of Crohns so you're in good hands :) Good luck for October! :)