• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Fissures Or Fistulae

Hi everyone. Does anyone suffur for fissures or some people call them skin tags? This will be my 5th one. they are so painful and always around my right but cheek.Making it impossible to sit sometimes. Some days its larger then other days. Im talkin like the size of an egg.lol gotta have some kind of humour to ease the pain. I soak alot in epsom salts takes some of the swelling down.I think I have it under control then it gets big again. The dr. said it has to get bigger before I can get it lanced. YIKES That really hurts. So he put me back on cipro.(which makes me feeleven more nausea)and flaggle.But I said no to the flagle because that makes me really sick. The dry heaves. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

PAINFULLY WAITING IN ONTARIO :depressed:

:eek2: T SMITH

V

Valentina

ouch, sounds very painful. is this a skin tag or a pile then? I thought fissures were like tears or cuts? sorry, not very sure about all of the lovely things we can get.
I hope you can find relief soon, soaking as often as possible sounds like a good idea. Ive heard from a few people that flagle is pretty bad with the symptoms, and that you have to take it like clockwork the exact same time, and alcohol will make your head feel like its split in two.
well, Im not helpful at all.. but I do hope you find some relief very soon, and welcome to the site (Im also in Ontario :))

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
I know that many other do suffer from them, but I have not. Soaking them is supposed to be one of the best ways to soothe the pain, but otherwise I do not know to much. Sorry I could not help more :(.

I have had fissures and I have a skin tag that will never go away unless it is surgically removed, but I won't do that cause I could run into worse problems later. For both soaking helps, but skin tags should not hurt thay are just flaps of extra skin. Do you have a boil?

Good luck

G

GeoGiGi

Hey Tammy,

I have reoccuring fistulas and I can totally sympathize. Cipro and flaygl upset my stomach too but they help the pain some by reducing the infection. Here's some suggestions to make it easier to take your meds: take absolutely NO ALCOHOL with your flagyl. They told me that and I thought, ok, no drinks, that's fine. It still made me feel really sick and I went on anti-nausea meds. Every many months of this, a pharmacy guy told me NO ALCOHOL really means no alcohol-- take a look at everything you're eating or putting in your mouth to make sure there is no alcohol in it. This includes everything ending in -ol, like methanol. For me, this meant no chewing gum, no vinegar in my food, and to change toothpastes even!!! But it seriously made a huge difference with how I felt on flagyl.

About Cipro-- they say you shouldn't take it with anything that has calcium in it, like milk or yogurt. My doc recommended taking it with a meal since it made my stomach hurt (and gave me D). So, if you're taking it with a meal, try taking it two hours after a meal. Or if you're taking it w/out a meal right now, try taking it with a meal and see if you feel any better.

Hope that some of the things I've learned about flagyl and cipro help you feel a bit better. Thank goodness for hot bathes. Thinking of you and hoping you get some relief soon! Hang in there.

Hmmm, I've just taken baths. I have both a bunch of fissures skin tags and 1 fistula and i've just lived with it.

Fistulae

Jeff D. said:
I have had fissures and I have a skin tag that will never go away unless it is surgically removed, but I won't do that cause I could run into worse problems later. For both soaking helps, but skin tags should not hurt thay are just flaps of extra skin. Do you have a boil?

Good luck

I have fissures. I thought fissures and skin tags were the same.Apparently not. I thought I had boils but the dr said they were fissures. Thanks Jeff D. I feel:shifty-t:

Fistulae

GeoGiGi said:
Hey Tammy,

I have reoccuring fistulas and I can totally sympathize. Cipro and flaygl upset my stomach too but they help the pain some by reducing the infection. Here's some suggestions to make it easier to take your meds: take absolutely NO ALCOHOL with your flagyl. They told me that and I thought, ok, no drinks, that's fine. It still made me feel really sick and I went on anti-nausea meds. Every many months of this, a pharmacy guy told me NO ALCOHOL really means no alcohol-- take a look at everything you're eating or putting in your mouth to make sure there is no alcohol in it. This includes everything ending in -ol, like methanol. For me, this meant no chewing gum, no vinegar in my food, and to change toothpastes even!!! But it seriously made a huge difference with how I felt on flagyl.

About Cipro-- they say you shouldn't take it with anything that has calcium in it, like milk or yogurt. My doc recommended taking it with a meal since it made my stomach hurt (and gave me D). So, if you're taking it with a meal, try taking it two hours after a meal. Or if you're taking it w/out a meal right now, try taking it with a meal and see if you feel any better.

Hope that some of the things I've learned about flagyl and cipro help you feel a bit better. Thank goodness for hot bathes. Thinking of you and hoping you get some relief soon! Hang in there.
THANKS GeoGiGI

Fistulae

Thanks every-one. I have been on cipro for a long time so i no how that works. As for the flagel deafintly no drinkin or being in the sun doc said. The only way that I can tolerate that flagel is through IV. So he might tell my nurse to give that to me every day until they settle down. One advantage of having a picc-line you dont have to go to the hospital. CCAC come to my house. If that dont settle them down it will have to be lanced owwwwwwwwww. More dilaudid for now. Thanks again.:eek: Im not a very happy camper at the moment.

T SMITH:mad:

Valentina said:
ouch, sounds very painful. is this a skin tag or a pile then? I thought fissures were like tears or cuts? sorry, not very sure about all of the lovely things we can get.
I hope you can find relief soon, soaking as often as possible sounds like a good idea. Ive heard from a few people that flagle is pretty bad with the symptoms, and that you have to take it like clockwork the exact same time, and alcohol will make your head feel like its split in two.
well, Im not helpful at all.. but I do hope you find some relief very soon, and welcome to the site (Im also in Ontario :))
Thanks Valentina. I guess it almost looks like a cist.Very warm and red.Yes flagle is bad . If i thake it through Iv its not so hard on my stomache. But you must stay out of the sun also. Dont have that problem right now its been cold and rainy. I dont drink.

Thanks again T SMITH

Karen

FRIEND 4 1 & ALL
Hello Tammy ... Sorry for getting here late but I would like to take this time to say WELCOME ABOARD ... I am sure that you will find the awnsers that you are looking for here & I will pray for you that you will find the help that your looking for too.