• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My daughter Kristen

My daughter Kristen has a bad case of Crohns...2 years ago she had 18" of intestine removed and was put on Remicade for several months till she had an alergic reaction and her doctor then started her on Humira injections 2x a month that she does at home. I started to notice that it looked like she as gaining weight and she told me yes probably because now that she is feeling better that she eats more. Well, at work the other day some of the girls noticed that she looked like she was swollen around the ankles and her fingers and wrists. This is what I had told her too. Until the people at work said this she did not seem concerned. She is now going for some blood work and chest xray today and then an ultrasound of her heart next week. It so looks like water retention to me. The doctor said she has never heard or that water retention as a symptom of Humira. Anyone else out there have any knowledge of this or experience with it?? Thanks

Dallies

Dragonfly
Hi Kristen's Mom, Lovely to have you here. How old is your daughter? Sorry I can't help with your question but hopefully someone here can.

Welcome to the forum xx

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Hi Kristen's Mom and welcome!! Please come back to let us know what your daughter hears at the docs today. I also can't answer your question. There is a Humira thread in the Treatment section on here that may shed some insight. Best of luck to you and Kristen:). Maybe you could get her to join as well!!!

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi Kristen's Mum and :welcome:

Good to see you here. I have read that oedema can be one of the rarer side effects of Humira. Sorry I can't help you any further with that. It's a great place here with heaps of friendly, informative and fun people. Please keep us posted with how your daughter goes at the doctors.

Welcome aboard!

All the best, :)
Dusty

Thank you all very much...Kristen's chest xray came back negative so that is good...tomorrow though they still want to do the heart ultrasound and she did blood work today to maybe we will know more in a couple of days....thanks for the support..its hard when it your kids going through this...my husband and i dont have any of these problems but it is funny that both our daughters were diagnosed with immune dissorders..my oldest diagnosed with RA when she was a freshman in college and now Kristen at 22 with Chrons...