• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Joined Today

Hi and hello from OZ. Keeping it short and sweet (just like me). Dx CD 30+ years ago by biopsy. Had a lot of doctors over the years not excepting the Dx. So not been on meds most of that time, just learned to put up and shut up over the years. I now have over all intermittent body aches and pains, Osteo and have had undiagnosed Hidradenitis Supperativa for the same time as the CD. I am just seeing a GI again after all those years. He has just started me on Imuran and says unlike the others he has no doubts that it is not CD. I would be interested in hearing from others with HS on Imuran whether the meds have helped with that. Please put up with my spelling lol.

Entchen

Chief Dandelion Picker
Hi, Cheryl, and welcome to the forum! So sorry to hear you went through years with physicians not believing that you have Crohn's. What a pain (literally). I hope that you and your GI can get things back on track.

See you around. :)

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
He has just started me on Imuran and says unlike the others he has no doubts that it is not CD.
Hi Chery and welcome!! I'm a little confused by this quote!! Does the new GI agree that you do have CD or that you don't have CD? I hope the Imuran helps with all your issues. Good luck!!

Thanks Kelly and Dexky for the welcome. The Gi believes it is CD and said it may even of advanced. I have only seen him once so far. He did a CT scan (no results yet) and started me on 25mg Imuran which I double the dose of end of next week, if I hear nothing about my blood count. We are very short on medical services in my area, so he is a long distance doctor.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi Cheryl and :welcome:

Good to see you found your way here. Where are you located? I'm in north west NSW. Well it seems at last you have found some one who knows what they are doing! I hope all goes well with the blood tests and the CT Scan gives you some answers, don't be disillusioned if it doesn't though, it's only one test. Roo has done well on Imuran as a maintenance drug so I hope it works well for you too. Heaps of friendly and knowledgeable people hanging out here so I hope you stick around.

Welcome aboard!

Take care, :)
Dusty

Dallies

Dragonfly
Hi Cheryl, oh our Dusty will be pleased, another Australian girl. It's lovely to have you here and welcome xx

hi Cheryl & welcome :)

i googled Hidradenitis Supperativa as i haven't heard of this condition before - & found a link explaining what it is. interesting to read that it is linked to auto immune disorders - which in your case could well be connected to the Crohn's issue... one of the mentioned treatments is steroids, so maybe that's something to discuss next time you speak to your doctor.

i hope the Imuran helps you - and i look forward to seeing you around the forum. :)

Astra

Hi Cheryl
and welcome

glad you've finally got a dx after so many years! To that, I can relate!
I'm not familiar with HS, but I hope the Imuran works for you!
glad you found us, lots of friends here for you
lotsa luv
Joan xxx