• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Remicade....here I come!

Well it looks as though tomorrow morning I will begin my journey with Remicade.

To give you guys a little back story, I've been on Prednisone for the last 4 and a half months slowly tapering (now on 10mg a day) and have actually been feeling great minus a few side effects (mostly joint and leg pain). My BMs are normal, I eat pretty much whatever I want without stomach pains...its really been unbelievable.

However, as we all know...steroids are not a long term option for Crohn's and my doctor has recommended I start Remicade so he can ween me completely of the prednisone. I believe the plan is to keep me on Remicade for about 6-8 months and then move me to 6 Mercaptapurine which will be my long term med to keep me in remission.

I have to admit I am a little nervous about getting my infusion (after reading about many of the short and long term side effects) and also hate that it takes so long to do (they said about 2 1/2 hours) however if this is the next step that will ultimately put me into FT remission then I will do whatever it takes.

It's great having such great support here and it looks as though Remicade has really been a miracle drug for a lot of you - which makes me feel a lot better about it.

I will definitely keep you guys updated on my epic journey to Mt. Remicade ;-)

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
So your Doc will be only giving you remicade for short term?...just remember, you if it does work great for you and you stop, you may not be able to go on it again if you flare....

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi Drummer,

:goodluck::goodluck::goodluck:

WITH YOUR REMICADE JOURNEY!!!!!!

Wishing you the very best of luck, :)
Dusty