• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi There!!!

Hi,

I was diagnosed Crohn's Disease in July of 1996, at the age of 26.(About 12 days prior to my Wedding day.) I have/had tried all of the medications available with no remission to ever come. So in October of 2009 I had an 8 hour surgery ( proctocolectomy with permanent ileostomy ) which has changed my life for the better in SO many ways. I am so glad that i had all disease removed. I was doing very well with the healing, even with 16 inch long incision fully of staples felt great. I had more energy and the feeling of well being then in the past 15 years.
Until Lupus (SLE) decided to take over my being. Hopefully it is just drug induced Lupus from on of the meds i was on, and it will leave soon, but if not - so be it. I take Plaquenil and a lot of the lupus symptoms have been able to be controlled.
I try to live by a little saying I saw posted online. (not certain who wrote it)

Laugh your heart out. Dance in the rain. Cherish the memories.
Ignore the pain, love and learn, forget and forgive because
You only have one life to live ♥

I have a very wonderful supportive husband. Three amazing Canine Kids and in general a very great life. Would love to talk with other people that can relate to my new "pouch" lifestyle, or anyone else looking for a friendly chat.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi Brindle and :welcome:

Wow! what a fantastic attitude, good on you. We have a stoma subforum on here..........

http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46

This is great place to hang out with heaps of friendly and experienced people and you would certainly be a wonderful asset here. I hope the Lupus symptoms settle for you and it is only drug induced. I look forward to seeing you around.

Welcome aboard!

Take care, :)
Dusty

Astra

Hi Brindle
and welcome

Yeah, stick with us for lots of laughs, chats and of course, support!
You've been thro so much, really hope this Lupus leaves you soon!
glad you found us
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Hi Brindle and welcome!! I can't add anything, just love the attitude!! What kind of "canine kids" do you have? We have 7 of those and 3 of the two legged variety:).

Thanks to all! I try to stay as positive as possible. I do have my days, but for the most part look at the bright side of my situation. All of my Doctors are wonderful and I believe that is almost half of the battle in dealing with any chronic disease or disorder.

Mark-as for my Dogs, i have a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Pitbull/ Plotthound mix and Boston Terrier/Chow mix. All spoiled beyond belief !!!! What about you, 7 canine Kids & 3 two legged!!! Now that is a Full house.

Hi Brindle,
Sorry to hear about the Lupis. An Ileostomy is enough to deal with!
I also had a Protocolectomy last April so I can relate.