• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi, my name is Ann!

I was asked to come over here and "tell my story". After many scans, MRI's and 2 hospital stays, I was diagnosed with Crohn's in April, '10. During surgery, to remove what looked like scarring causing a blockage on the scans, they found Crohn's was in the ileum. which was removed in May. In the process of the surgery, they found a malignant tumor, in my small intestine with 11 lymph nodes also removed, but only one affected. It was categorized as stage 3 cancer because of the one affected node. I am undergoing chemotherapy now - had 3rd infusion out of 12, yesterday. I was told by my surgeon and oncologist that it is extremely rare to find cancer in the sm. intestine, and we were lucky to catch it before it metastasized elsewhere. That's the reason for the chemo to make sure it hasn't.

Having to deal with the chemo and the Crohn's at the same time is quite the challenge. I've lost about 20 pounds since May and am very careful what I eat to not aggravate the symptoms.

I'm on Pentasa and Endocort in the meantime, until chemo is finished in December (every other week for 6 months).. then the GI will take over with other meds if needed. D (from the Crohn's and chemo) is somewhat under control with Citrucel, Align and Questran. I also use Lomitol as needed when the "going" gets too much. It's a challenge trying to balance all the meds, since the Pentasa is taken 4 times a day and the Questran has to be taken twice a day, l hour after other meds and can take other meds only after another 4 hours! Like I said, it's complicated and I need to use a flow-chart!

This is a great place to be and get encouragement from other Crohnies. I don't have much experience since I've only been dealing with this for a few months, but it certainly takes over your life with it's unpredictability.

Thanks for being there and hope to develop some great friendships here!

((( Hugs )))
Ann

Entchen

Chief Dandelion Picker
Ann, hi, and welcome to the forum! Sounds like you've had one very challenging summer. *Hugs* to you. We're glad to have you here and I hope that we can be a positive support to you as you work at balancing treatments for small bowel cancer + Crohn's all at once.

Welcome!

Hi Ann

You have a lot on your plate at the moment. Well done you for getting this far with all the treatment. It's great that you have found this forum. Welcome aboard. Good luck with the chemo treatments.

:thumright:

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Hi Ann:) Welcome to the forum!! You may be the first person I could say this to, but perhaps your crohn's symptoms saved your life. This is a great place for info and friendship so please stick around!!

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi again Ann, :bigwave:

It's good to see that you made your way to the Your Story Forum!

Welcome aboard.

Take care, :)
Dusty

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hi Anne, welcome, you have come to the right place to make friends, laughter and information. A great bunch here. I hope you are ok, you have been through lots. Welcome!

Hey Anne and welcome.
Your certainly having a hard time, well done for getting this far, you sound like one strong cookie.
Jo xxx

Astra

Hi Ann
and welcome

glad you found us, lots of friends here for you, and support too!
lotsa luv
Joan xxx