• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story

My story crohn´s ????

Hello everyone, I do not know if I have crohn's disease ... but it all started in February this year I started to have daily diarrhea that only stopped two month after it started. I got to go 20 times the bathroom then I got a right-sided abdominal pain near the navel that never disappeared so far during this time I did a colonoscopy and an endoscopy blood tests, feces and urine but all comed negative.I have lost a lot of weight from 78kg to 65kg and my symptoms are abdominal pain on the right near the navel, feeling malaise, strange noises from my belly and then a burn in the eyes that had never had ... And now im just waithing for the result of an abdominal CT scan
I was wondering your opinion about these symptoms and thank you all for this great forum ...
My age is 38
Ps: Sorry for my english but im Portuguese

Last edited:

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi rui and :welcome:

Firstly, your English is fine rui so no need to apologise for that! The symptoms you describe could be IBD as many people suffer with the same or similar but unfortunately without an official diagnosis we can only speculate. Also normal test results aren't uncommon here either. If you do have Crohns and it is lleal, the most common site, it can be difficult to diagnosis as that area is hard to visualise with CT scans and scope. Obviously something isn't right and the only advice I can really give is to not become disillusioned with negative test results and to keep fighting and asking questions of your doctors until you do get the answers you need. You are not alone with this rui and there are others on here that don't have a diagnosis either.

I hope you stick around, browse through the forums and ask questions. It might also be helpful to keep a diary of your symptoms.............where your pain is located, what it is like, how severe, medication you take and if it works or not, how many times a day you open your bowels and what it looks like, take your temperature each day and record it, record other symptoms you might have like your sore eyes, do you have joint pains, headaches, nausea, vomiting, weight loss, what is your appetite like and are there foods that disagree with you and so on. Then as you go write down any questions you may have and take all this information to the doctor. When you are living with this, day in day out, it is easy to forget things as it all becomes normal for you.

Welcome aboard!

Take care, :)
Dusty

Welcome to the forum and your english is just fine. Crohns can take a long time to diagnose mine was 2 1/2 yrs but in the mean time they were treating me as if I had crohns. It can also occur in your eyes I have mine checked once a yr. so far I haven't gotten it there. I hear it is quite painful though almost as bad as the stomache pains. Hang in there and don't give up.

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Welcome Rui, as usual Dusty has given some very useful and practical advice. I can't add anything just hope you stick around!!

Hi Rui and welcome to the forum. I agree with Dexky- Dustykat gave good advise. I understand your frustration with all the negative testing. I have been going through the same thing since November. Dont give up finding out what is wrong!!!!
I hope you stick around you will find good advice here and lots of support.

Hi all

First thanks for the reply, at the present time im taking mesaline arrowd 1500mg, and im feeling a litle bether from my symptoms, but they are all ways present...
My medical tests are taking a litle more because on May of this year i have An Accident with my motobike and i have To go To cirurgy and im now on phisioterapy....Im sow Luky :)
Regards

Last edited:

Astra

Hi rui
and welcome

hope you're ok after accident?
glad you found us, lots of friends here for you, ask any questions, there's always someone here to help.
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Hi again on my accident i have broke Tibia near the neel with 4 factures, I now have 6 scrus and 2 metal plack to holding. 6 months To 1 year for full recovery

ameslouise

Hi Rui and welcome!

Wow, the accident and now possibly Crohn's.... That is a lot to deal with!

I hope you start to feel better soon. Take it one day at a time!

- Amy

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hi Rui :bigwave: I know all your test came back negative but you can't give up, I had tests done of every kind for a whole year, some were weekly tests and it was so hard to diagnose. You have to have a biopsy with the colonscopy for better results.

Sorry you had bad accident, trauma can make your belly worse. If you have lots of diahreah eat apple sauce it really helps and bananas too. Recovery will be slower if you are having problems with your immune system. Glad you are here, hope we are helping you! Ask us anything, hope we can help you.

Hi all i have the results from my CT scan but.... they are wrong because a need an Abdominal CT scan and they have made an virtual colonocopy.... :( On april of this year i have made one with camera and my colom is ok... So im going to ask for the correct test now and wait again... Im feeling so angry... all this wait is drivin me crazy... and now wrong test... 3 weeks waiting for nothing....
The best for all

Last edited:
Hi all, finaly i have a abdominal CT scan results, but they say that all is ok... :(

Last edited:

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hey rui,

I know it's frustrating but try not to be too disillusioned, you are not alone with this. Roo was the same, everything came back normal and she was in a severe situation, her full contrast CT scan one week before she had emergency surgery for a ruptured bowel came back grossly normal! The doctors are still scratching their heads about that one. So what happens now?

:hang: and please continue to keep us posted.

Take care,
Dusty

Hi rui

Sometimes it can be a real struggle to get a diagnosis. Push for more tests..

Hang in there and keep positive.

Andre

Last edited:
Hi

Hi rui

Sometimes it can be a real struggle to get a diagnosis. Push for more tests..

Hang in there and keep positive.

Andre
I all im traying to keep it positive im going to see another GI on 24 of agost, but has been difficult to deal with the pain.... and have a broken neel and is Worst the pain on my belly....
Regards to all... :depressed:

Last edited: