• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Alternatives

alternatives

I was diagnosed with crohns in 2005, and since then I have tried so many different medications, after building up a tolerance to infliximab, I now take the humira syringe, but I still find that my crohns is still really active.

I the last 5 years I have never really been in remission with my illness and it really gets me down. If anyone else is taking the adalimumab injection I would really like to hear from you to see how other sufferers get on with the treatment.

Many thnx hayley :)

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Hi Hayley, welcome!! I don't know about the meds but you could do a search on it at the top of the page and I'm sure you'd find a lot of info that way. Good luck and hope you stick around!!

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hi Haley (love that name ;) ) I too couldnt use Remicade after the 3rd shot. After a terrible reaction I tried Humira for about 6months but it wasnt working. Most cases take about 8 weeks for improvement, if not could take longer. Everyone is different though, hope it works for you soon! :hang:

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi Hayley and :welcome:

Good to see you here. I'm sorry I have no experience with that med but there are many others here that do. I hope you stick around as this is a friendly place with heaps of info and peeps with experience.

Welcome aboard!

Take care, :)
Dusty

Astra

Hi Hayley
and welcome

Are you in UK? I ask cos we call Remicade Infliximab!
Have a read thro The Humira Club thread, loads of people, loads of advice on there!
Glad you found us, lots of friends here for you!
lotsa luv
Joan xxx