• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to the forum...

K

kellybirdk

New to the site. Thought I was alone in this world but after reading everybody's posts- I feel so much better (or do I?). Not much to say at this point- just a simple introduction - My name is Karen, I'm single from the New England area. Just looking for someone to chat with.

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Hi there Karen. From the more than 500 others part of this community who are like you, I would like to say welcome :).

Hello Karen, :welcome:

Welcome to the Forum! I'm sure you will like it here..so much info and so many people in the same boat.

Hugs~Nancy

K

kix66

Welcome Karen! I'm newer here too, it is nice to find others but can be a little scarey too.

Hope you're well!

K

kellybirdk

thankyou for saying hi and I hope I can learn more about this site so I can learn more about others with CD. I have had it since 1991 and back when I got it, It sent a blood clot to my leg and I was going to have my leg removed (it stayed alive enough that I didnt have to). I have been through hell like so many I'm sure on this site and I just want to learn more. I have never really been on a special diet of any kind. I don't take any pills except for cipro (often) due to pouch infections. I hope all is well with you and thanks again for saying Hi I really need the friends.

R

ruthymg

Gosh, you been through the mill. Sounds like things may be a little better now thank goodness. I too have never really been on a special diet as such for my crohns but I have had several meds over the years. I also don't take any supplements or probiotics or any other health stuff as I always think my meds should do the trick. I also haven't the patience to find out what would work for me. Do you have a J-pouch? what surgery have you had?

Ruth

G

GeoGiGi

Hi Karen, welcome! This is a great community and I'm glad you found us :D Keep in touch.