• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Pain in lower left abdomen

Hi everyone just wondered if anyone has experiance this weird pain before, My pain is always in the right lower side and has remained however i am also having a new pain that is in my lower left side near my hip, it feels like a stitch and when walking i can no longer walk cos of the pain and then it suddenly goes, also going to the toliet i get this pain and when i pass wind i dont no if this is normal but have been gettin green discharge coming out to? Any ideas

rygon

I got this before being diagnosed. Sitting down I was ok, go walking for 5mins and would have to sit down as the "stitch" was so bad (left side also). Thought it was due to overexercising. After being on pentasa never had a problem with it.

Green discharge tho

I had some green mucus/pus I'm not sure why and this stitch pain is so awful the funny thing is that it just goes like that then comes back when it wants another go I have no idea what it means

All the time. The coming and going is signs that something (feces, gas, mucus, etc) is passing by that part of the colon. I noticed that this was the reason because when I get the pain and goes away I run to the restroom or make a sound that resembles an elephant in heat. The pain is a stitch when it's gas, pins & needles when it's solid feces, and glass shards when it's diarrhea.

That explains the pain i seem to be getting it when I go to the toliet though and i never used to get this, running a high tempreture on and off and this green mucus type stuff coming out was wondering if it could be anything else, so strange how some of us get these things and others dont

Only pain i had in my left side was a kidney stone...but that pain was hit me like a ton of bricks and dropped me to my knees. Before the pain just difficult urinating.

My pain is also on the lower left side... because I have been re-sectioned in that area 4 times. Not in the last few years, though. But it could be just things passing through a narrower area in you. Or maybe a new area you've developed. Sometimes when food is in you a while, I've had the "green" experience as well.

Colette the Crohny
Stephanie the caregiver

Hi stephanie could you tell me what this green stuff is? I have a gp appointment tomorrow but there really isnt alot they can do not seeing my GI until next week, i just have this horrible stich pain and its all come on of a sudden in the last week, trying to go to the toliet and pass wind hurt like hell, i am still having my normal pain in the right lower side