• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My CD Story

Hi everyone

I am a 51 year old wife, mother and grandmother. I have dealt with digestive difficulties since I was a young child but was not diagnosed with CD until about 10 years ago. I have been down all the treatment roads and most recently spent 18 very long months on Remicade.

I changed GI's and medications in the last month. I am now on humira and took my second loading dose of two injections yesterday. So far so good.

I look forward to getting to know some of you and participating in the forums.

Ann

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Hi Ann and welcome!! My you're up early or all night as the case may be. I hope you are not feeling ill. What were your experiences with the Remi? Good luck with the humira. There is a humira club in the treatment section on here. Good luck and stick around!!!

Astra

Hi Ann
and welcome

good luck with the humira!
glad you found us, lots of friends, support and advice here for you
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Hey Dex, my experience with remicade was pretty bad. It took care of the crohn's symptoms by I was sick with sinus infections, brohnchitis, flu like symptoms for the entire 18 months I was on it.

Thanks for the welcone,

Astra thanks for the welcome and kind words.

Hi Ann, welcome aboard the world of wacky, crazy Crohnies. (you just met one 2 posts above me) lol. How many gkids do you have. I've got 10 and they're a ball.
I'm on Remi and luckily no problems yet. knock on wood (as I hit myself in the head).

Good luck with your Humira.

Hi Pirate,

I have two boys of my own two stepchildren, two natural grandchildren a boy and a girl and 6 step grandchildren. I don't see the steps except on special occasions. But my children and grandchildren are very much a part of our lives.

I'm glad remicade is working for you. It's effects people differently. I look forward to getting to know the people on here. Seems to be a very supportive group.

It is a great bunch of people. I went 23 yrs with just my family support before I found this forum and I have a ton of support now. I'd never heard of Remi before coming here and was scared to death of it when my GI suggested it. Thanks to CF I overcame my fears and so far so good since Febuary.

I have 3 boys, 10 grandkids of which 4 are step but they have been a big part of life for the last 10 yrs. 1 of the other six my youngest adopted when him and his wife got married. She was about a yr old when she came into our life and she was adopted at the age of 9 over 2 yrs ago. My son is the only dad she's ever had and she is a grandpa's girl. So there are 4 grandsons and 6 granddaughters ranging from from 14 down to 4 months.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hi everyone

I am a 51 year old wife, mother and grandmother. I have dealt with digestive difficulties since I was a young child but was not diagnosed with CD until about 10 years ago. I have been down all the treatment roads and most recently spent 18 very long months on Remicade.

I changed GI's and medications in the last month. I am now on humira and took my second loading dose of two injections yesterday. So far so good.

I look forward to getting to know some of you and participating in the forums.

Ann
|Finally someone close to my age!! Glad you found this place, it is wonderful to have a support system because others dont understand. I hope you stick around!

|Finally someone close to my age!! Glad you found this place, it is wonderful to have a support system because others dont understand. I hope you stick around!
Thanks Jetta,

I have looked at a lot of the forums and support groups for this disease and this place seems to be the most social and for the most part very positive. The other thing I like about it is there are other topics to talk about. I grow weary at times of my disease and all that goes along with it and just want to talk to people who understand what we go through but we don't necessarily have to talk about "it."

I just turned 51 on the 2nd of August and I can tell you that 51 has altready been leaps and bounds better than 50. Also I like that the older I get the more I can blame on my hormones. :)

Okay Ann, what kind of bike in your picture and do you drive?
Mine's an Harley Ultra Classic and been riding for about 40 yrs. My wife and I ride with the Patriot Guard Riders and I have just become one of the ride captains

Hi Ann,
Welcome to the forum, talking about age, I'll be 51 in 3 weeks, and this year has been one of the most trying years of my life. I'm hoping it does get better. Dr. said I may be starting Remicade soon, why was it so hard on you? I read that you are going on Humira. I'm very nervous about this next medicine, do you have any advise? Good luck with your new meds.
Hope you find what you're looking for here, I am.
:rosette2:

Greg, I ride a Honda Shadow 750. My husband rides a Honda VTX 1300. I've been riding my own bike for about 5 years. We belong to the California VTX riders. We used to do a lot of group rides but my CD makes riding in groups pretty hard. So my rides are either solo or my husband and I. I haven't been able to ride much this last year because of the joint pain.

Thanks Rosemary.

Linda, the remicade caused me to get repeated infections so I basically felt like I had the worst case of the flu you can imagine for 18 months. What I experienced is rare. Lots of people have really good results. My doctor thought I might be allergic to the mouse protien in remicade.

I understand you being nervous. I get the same way with every new drug I try but I try not to freak myself out too bad. Without the drugs my quality of life is pretty terrible. Like you, this last year has really been a rough one. I have prayed more in the last year than in my entire life. I find a lot of con fort in that.

Happy almost Birthday!