• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Rash that keeps occuring

Astra

Hope this info helps Amy?
sometimes we Crohnies just get an unknown rash, either from weakened immune system or meds?

Body rash or skin rash is usually an inflammation on the skin. Eruptions on the skin of the back are called Back Rash. There is a change in color and texture on the affected area. Skin or body rash could be the result of irritation, disease or an allergic reaction. Allergies could be to food, plants, chemicals, animals, insects or other environmental factors. This kind of skin rash could affect the entire body or be area specific. Though not all body rashes are contagious, some could be.

Reaction to cosmetics,perfumes,soaps
Skin rash could occur as a result of a variety of reasons. Some of the common ones are -
- Allergy to dyes and chemicals in clothing.
- Chemicals present in elastic, latex and rubber products.
- As a reaction to cosmetics, perfumes, soaps and detergents.

Avoid exposing the affected area to direct sunlight and hot water
Do not scrub your skin when there is a rash breakout.
Avoid using soap, switchover to gentle body cleansers.
Refrain from using cosmetic lotions or other ointments directly over the rash.
Make sure you use warm water for cleansing and not hot water. Take care to pat dry your skin instead of rubbing.
Completely stop usage of any newly tried cosmetic or lotion, reaction to this could be a cause.
Ensure that the affected area is exposed to air as much as possible.
Avoid exposing the area to direct sunlight and hot water.

Hey no im not on any drugs still undiagnosed, just annoying rash that keeps happening when it wants just feels like it burning and quite hot to touch last for half hour and goes again it sometimers appears near my right hip to towards my belly button

Hey i get the exact same skin rash too, but no one seems to understand why I get it. It appears at random times, lasts for about 30-60 minutes, and is extremely hot to the touch. I have tried recording when i get these rashes in hope to link it back to something I do or take, but there are never any similarities. It just happens whenever it feels like it. The only thing i can think of may be that i am having a reaction to Amitriptyline, but i feel like I should get it everyday if that is the case. also, on a side note i have been getting this rash for the last 6 years. At first, it was barely noticeable and would only appear on my face/cheeks. The rash has slowly gotten worse and now appears on my face, chest, arms, and now on my thighs.

I attached a pic of my rash that occurred on my chest

Attachments

PsychoJane

I have a friend that has such rash from food intolerance. I think it was anything that relates to tomato in her case. It does not do anything but rash up red like that for a moment and fades away afterwards.

Rashes can happen for many reasons. Food allergies/intolerances, sensitivity to soaps/lotions/perfumes/dyes....
Is your rash ever itchy?

Rarely. I'll sometimes catch myself itching my chest, but nothing else. One of my friends said he gets a similar rash and his doctor told him he was allergic to some sort of caffeine so I tried linking my rash to a certain food or substance but I haven't been able to relate it to anything.