• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

VSL#3 --Directions from the Manufacturer

Just got this from the Manufacturer of VSL#3. Asked them about taking it -- when, with what, if I could take it with Prednisone etc...

"You can take VSL#3 at anytime during the day and when it is convenient for you. Do not take VSL#3 at the same time of your medication.

You can take it with yogurt or apple sauce or any cold non-carbonated drinks.

For ulcerative colitis we suggest 1 or 2 sachets/day"

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Yes, I have VSL but took a break from it. I always take mine with yogurt or cranberry juice. No acidic drinks like OJ, or grapefruit juice (grapefruit juice should be avoided when anyone is on medications) the acid in the fruit can break the good bacteria down. Also no hot drinks for obivious reasons. Too bad we dont have Xanifax, the combo of these two are supposed to be awesome. I take two a day, morning and night and if I forget both at night. How are finding it works for you?

I am going to start it up tonight and see what happens. Last time I happened to have pain in the gut issues, could have (hopefully) just been a coincidence.