• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello

M

mysticmartyr

Hello Everyone

I'm 21 and I was diagnosed with Crohn's in September 2005. Before that, I had trouble eating breads and other foods as i would either cramp up or have an upset stomach. I finally went to see a GI, had a colonoscopy and endoscopy and it turned out I had a light case of crohn's. I take 5-ASAs for it and they help quite a bit. I find it kind of weird to say I have crohn's because a lot of other people who have it always talk about going through surgery (haven't had to) or flare ups (that i haven't had since being on the medication... i think....).

I joined this forum just to get a feel for what others are going through and to see if some of the things i am going through have happened to others. Also, I joined to hopefully get more information on the topic itself.

D

DannyB

Hye and welcome to the forums, I am sure you wont find your situation much different from others on this site so you will probably get advice you need without much trouble.

Take Care

Danny

Hello and :welcome: to the forum!

I'm sure you came to the right place for answers to any questions or
just to be with people who have the same disease.

You are fortunate in that yours was caught in time and you can handle it with 5-ASA.

I myself am on Asacol and for the moment it seems to hold things at bay.

Check out what we have to offer here and be sure to pop in with any questions you may have.

Welcoming Hugs~Nancy

P

picsiechick

Hi, Mystic!

I was just diagnosed a week ago, and will have the two scopes on Feb 28. My symptoms, like yours, have been *very* mild comparatively speaking, and I probably only achieved a diagnosis through a lot of persistance with the doctors. I'm still learning, but I guess I've been having a flare up since July when the nausea started....and the fatigue has kept me from doing the activities I like and that keep me fit, so I kept going to the doc over and over, etc.

I've been on pentasa for 1 week and it has helped a lot already.

Anyway, it feels odd for me to be so lucky to have such a mild case of this, and yet, to still be going through some pretty intense emotions. That's why I went looking for this forum, and was glad to find it.

So, Mystic, you're not alone! Hopefully we can learn from each other!

~T~

mysticmartyr said:
I joined this forum just to get a feel for what others are going through and to see if some of the things i am going through have happened to others. Also, I joined to hopefully get more information on the topic itself.
Aloha and welcome to the forum! If you comb through the "my story" threads you'll find some info about what each of us has experience and can see, first and foremost, that you are not alone in whatever you're going through. As to getting more info about Crohn's, there are specific forums that deal with the disease, with diet and treaments, with more than you'll ever want to know. Roam around a little and you'll get the feel for the place and find soe of your answers, What you can't find ... ASK! Someone is always willing to answer or help you find answers.

You'll find all of that here, and so much more. For one thing, we're fun, so hang around & unwind! HOpe to see you again soon.