• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just joined hi all!

just joined hi all!

well to cut a long story short,, i was diagnosed with crohns at the age of 20 in 2004, my first op was aug 04, ileostomy,,, i went from a heathly 14 stone at 6,3 to 9 stone...
second op was feb 07 (a very silly attempt of a reversal which i regret)
third op was a loop ileostomy 1 month later... and after this they had left the jpouch and i couldnt get past 11 stone and was in pain..
april 08 finally removed my jpouch and put permanant ileostomy.. from there i felt better..
today im 18stone with 19" arms and a 50" chest,36" waist... i train hard bodybuilding and my colostomy bag does not interfear.. you wouldnt be able to tell... i eat anything i like and i do contact sports in mma, i drive a superbike also which is alot of fun..
the reason i brought these things up is because i thought i could not do any of these again, oh how wrong was i.. no more pain, no more putting toilet paper on seat of public toilets before sitting down haha.. nothing is out of reach!!
and to all you people suffering and see no hope.. believe me there is and you will get through this and have a full and happy life :)

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi meat and :welcome:

Woohoo! so happy for you that you have your life back and obviously loving it to the full..............good on you. :):):)

I guess you have already found the stoma forum??

http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46

This is a fab place with loads of support and info and it would be great if you could stick around 'cause you would be a wonderful asset and we would love to have you! I'm looking forward to seeing you around and getting to know you. Welcome aboard!

All the best, :)
Dusty

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hi Meat glad you are here, we need a positive outlook type person, it does give some encouragement. There are a few here who have had stomas , pouches, but some still have problems, some are pain free. It really depends on the severity and location of the disease.

We have a few body builders and sports guys around, hopefully they will see your post.

Welcome aboard!

Hello Meat and welcome aboard!!
Your positive outlook is inspiring and contagious!!

Good to have you here!!

Hugs~Nancy

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Welcome Meat!! Haha, reminds me of my college days!! The positivity is very good to read!!! I hope you stick around!!

Astra

Hi Meat
and welcome fellow Brit

Hurrah! So happy for you! We need encouraging stories like this, it's inspiring for anyone thinking of surgery in the future, me included!
glad you found us, you'll be a great asset, so stick around!
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Hey Meat!!
Thanks for the inspiration...hope you stick around. It's good to hear that surgery is not the end of your life, only the beginning to a whole new one.

thanx guys, ive learned that you have one shot in life and this should be taken no matter what is thrown at you, i have learned to live with this condition and will not be put off from doing anything i want, i would be more than happy to be a influence on anybody having difficulties in accepting what is happening to them.