• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

A Little About Me :)

Hi there
I am obviously new here and would like to say hi and hope everyone is doing well with there condition. I was diagnosed with crohns 5 years ago in 2005 was a very vivid memory , since then i have had one really bad flare up which was so bad it left scar tissue and an olcer which eventually lead to a blockage leaving no other option to operate. Last year i went in for a left hemi resection ,taking 4inches of my large colon right near the terminal illeum (right on the bend where the small and large bowel meet).
I can say that now i have had the operation done i am feeling MUCH better. No more pain, i can eat almost anything but occasionally some Diarrhea and slight inflamed feeling.
currently on immurane 100milligrams. I will add i have been getting allot of results from juicing ginger and having that twice a day. A good multi and a high callory and protein diet is also what is working for me. For the life of me i cannot gain weight at 65kg 5" 11 i feel skinny.
Sorry if i rambled to much for my first post, now u know about me and hopefully i can gain some info from the wealth of knowledge of others on here also.
cheers, Kane.

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Hey, this sounds familiar!! You can ask these guys anything Kane!! A lot of the members don't spend much time welcoming newbies so if you need to ask something of them, you should start a thread in the appropriate forum section. Just jump right in!!

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Welcome Kane :bigwave: You have come to a place where at least one us has been down your journey and I have had 2 resections and the only advice I can say is please look after yourself, your future depends on it and watch your diet and enjoy your life. Your body will take care of itself if you keep in mind that stress is a culprit to returning problems, as well as bad habits such as alcohol or smoking. I am now taking gelcap ginger and hoping that should help me but I am fully aware natural stuff doesnt always work. You have a good attitude and that my friend will go a long way! :welcome: