• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Pain is all over....WTH

So Im almost to my limit....my abdominal pain isnt any worst but I have new pain else where...probably due to flare or so much inflamation. So now my bum hurs really bad, feels like I rode 50 miles on a very uncomfortable bike seat, huts all over in that region....ever experienced this before?? Hurts in my inner legs where my rear meets my legs, my anus hurts, like I passed a bolder and my feet are killing me....on why me?? Im trying s had to make it through this crap til Friday. I find that the heating pad really helps my belly mass pain...any other suggestions would be greatful. Thanks for listening to me my friends, nobody else really understands.

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Fistula maybe? I'm not sure. I have no experience with what you're going through. I know money is tight but I still think that you should go to the ER. Friday is a long wait from now. Usually doctors say that if it persists or gets worse, then go to the ER, sounds like you're getting worse. :(

So Im almost to my limit....my abdominal pain isnt any worst but I have new pain else where...probably due to flare or so much inflamation. So now my bum hurs really bad, feels like I rode 50 miles on a very uncomfortable bike seat, huts all over in that region....ever experienced this before?? Hurts in my inner legs where my rear meets my legs, my anus hurts, like I passed a bolder and my feet are killing me....on why me?? Im trying s had to make it through this crap til Friday. I find that the heating pad really helps my belly mass pain...any other suggestions would be greatful. Thanks for listening to me my friends, nobody else really understands.
I've always believed (once I stopped listening to the doctors) that Crohn's is just a set of symptoms due to our body's weakness in a particular area, that is brought about by the experience our bodies have.

With that, I don't believe it is limited to the gut. Inflammation is present in many many diseases. Could be your body giving in in other areas...

I suggest what I always do, healthy living. If it won't get you totally off everything at the very least it should allow you to live better, reduce your meds and stop the progression.

In fact, all of what you describe sounds just like me when I had a pretty severe bowel infection...I've had the symptoms you're describing when I had an infection in the low bowel area, and when I've had a fistula or a skin tag get infected.

Any other symptoms? How's your appetite? I've usually had it accompanied by nausea, low back ache, fever that comes and goes, sometimes sweating excessively, no or very little appetite.

Glad you went to emergency-the emergency department should have a GI on call and will perform tests then and there that sometimes if you go through your GI it takes a long time-I've waited up to two weeks and ended up septic. I had been taking pain killers which masked my symptoms until it was really bad.

For home remedies, try soaking in a sitz bath with 1 cup Epsom salts, and apply Calmoseptine to the anal area. But if it's an infection, the antibiotics is really what you need.

So sorry you're suffering so much! I'm sending you healing thoughts-I wish you a speedy recovery, and please keep us posted.

So ER didnt help much....They see some sort of vaginal infection, but my guts looked ok...no obvious big obstructions. So they dosed me on IV antibiotics, pain meds and rehydrated me. THey sent me home with 10 days of antibiotics, so hopefully that works. Anyway, Ive slept almost all day, and Im ready to sleep some more. Thanks for all your support my friends~

I had a problem were my feet hurt so bad I thought I could not walk . It all came back to crohns and the inflamation. Did they put you in prednisone?

Hope you get some relief soon.

Liz

i hope you feel better fast...sorry you are going through this...hopefully those antibiotic kick whatever butt needs to be kicked and you feel better tomorrow!

i hope you are feeling better - it sounds like when I had an abscess actually, which only was d'xd after a barium enema showed nothing, a colonoscopy failed, and I was told I was aok five days in hospital and they sent me home - I stayed home for six days literally screaming into a pillow till I went back (was not keen going back cause everyone was saying it was in my head) - finally, a good guy on rotation said to get me a ct scan asap, and boom, baseball sized abscess in pelvic floor - couldn't drain, so in hospital i was for 10 days, multiple antibiotics and extremely closely monitored -

lesson learned for me as i was relatively new to the system and CD dx - keep pushing I should have spoke up waaaaay more when I was there the 1st time.

currently prepping for scope - hoping to find out whats amiss.

if you have even a small abscess in this area, the antibiotics should help for sure - I started feeling a bit better after 3 days.

good luck and take care

Hey friends, first I want to thank everyone for all your support, you guys are awsome!! Im doing better today, and hope to keep feeling better. I am on antibiotics, which seem to be helping what ever infection I have going on. Secondly Im finally going poo...which is crazy bc I havnt actually gone good in days. After 4 docolax and two doses of laxative, things are trying to move, so that is making things feel better. I found out that my galbladder is not working, so definately taking that out on Friday. I hope and pray that I continue to feel better and progress in a positive way. Just want to thank everyone again, I couldnt get through this disease and its roller coster without you guys! Thanks~

So glad to hear you're finally getting some answers and relief! I've heard getting the gallbladder out really helps, too.

Best wishes on your surgury and here's to a speedy recovery and healthier days ahead! :cheerss:

Sometimes the ER is just the best option. Glad you found some relief. I was going to say, the worst I ever got was sometimes before even sitting down to go to the bathroom id get a sharp pain in my ass that would make me wince and stand in just the wierdest position possible waiting for it to go away.

The fact you are catching up on sleep is insanely good news too.

You oughta take a nice hot bath. Light some incense, play some chill music. If nothing else, Hot baths help my whole body relax and heal a bit.