• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story

my story

Hi everyone, I am 62 years old and diagnosed with crohns five years ago. Have been through all the meds plus Methotrexate and Remicade etc; etc; The only thing that worked for me was Prednizone and now facing surgery Friday, so very, very afraid.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi pushka and :welcome:

Good to see you here. Did you have symptoms for long before your diagnosis?

I wish you all the luck in the world with your operation, what is the surgery you are having?

This is a fab place for support and info so please stay around 'cause we would love to have you here. Good luck and welcome aboard!

Take care, :)
Dusty

Dallies

Dragonfly
Now that you have found this forum, you are not alone. Welcome and will be thinking of you on Friday. xxxxxx

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Hi Pushka, welcome!! I know it won't completely ease your fears but there are many stories on here of the relief gained after successful surgeries!! In fact, Dusty and Dallies, who have welcomed you so far both have daughters who have had successful bowel resection surgeries!! All the best to you and keep us updated!!

Astra

Hi Pushka
and welcome

Just want to wish you all the very best for your surgery on Friday and come back to let us know how you are
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Hey pushka:bigwave:
Surgery can be very scary. :frown: I'm sure you're concerned about recovery as well. I have had three resections, the first of which resulted in a temporary ileostomy. I'm lucky to have enjoyed a couple years of remission after each operation. It is a major operation, and the first week will be rough. My advice, get up and walk as soon as you can. It will be painful, but it helps the body to recover alot faster. Utilize that pain pump. Remember too, everyday will get easier. I hope it goes well for you and provides you with much needed relief.
Please feel free to elaborate on your story. Where are you from? Tell us a little more about yourself, whatever you feel like sharing. How was your CD diagnosed and where is it located. Is this surgery a simple resection, or are you facing a ostomy as well.
I'm glad you found your way here. Even though CD is such a diverse disease, there is bound to be someone here with a similiar story. We, as a group, have experienced it all. :poo: :stinks: Don't be afraid to share anything. Read through the threads. I hope you stick around, as you could probably teach us a thing or two yourself.

:hang: :goodluck: :getwell:

Welcome pushka. Surgery on Friday I'm sure you are scared. I hope this turns things around for you. Please let us know how you are post op. Hang in there. Glad you're here.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
I Pushka , surgery is scary, no doubt. Laprocscopic surgery is alot less invasive. Can you tell us what country you are in and where is the surgery being done? It would be good to ask for the epidural, when you wake up there is supposed to be no pain. Glad you found us, I too have had two resections, and I know how you feel. Big hugs too you!

:welcome: Pushka,

Glad you found this forum, there is lots of information and great people with advice. Good luck with your surgery and hope to see you around.

:rosette2: :getwell::getwell:

surgery

Thankyou everyone for your kind response.
I live in New Zealand and was diagnosedwith Crohns five years ago after suffering pain and diarhea for six months prior. I have Crohns of the small bowel, this last year has been bad and lost 31 kg in weight.
My surgery on Friday consists of Stricturoplasty of stricture 8cm at left ribcage and a 4cm one above naval plus open surgery to remove 20cm stricture,illium and illiocal valve, plus another iron transfusion, sorry if spelling incorrect. My husband is as worried as me about it all so it is hard to relay my own anxiety about it so thankyou all so very much for your kind words, it brought tears to my eyes to know you cared.
Big hugs to you all xx

Pushka. I am new here also and I can tell you everyone is great.
Don't be afraid of surgery, it's the best thing that ever happened to me. No more pain!! Woo hoo!!!

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Thanks for the reply pushka,

31kgs!!! whoa. My daughter has had a small bowel resection and it has served her well over the past 4 years. Her surgery was an emergency so I didn't have time to think and worry about it before hand! :lol:

I wish you all the luck with your surgery and will be thinking about you.........

:goodluck::goodluck::goodluck:

Hi Mario, :bigwave:

Good to see you here. I have seen some of your other posts around the forum, would you like to start your own thread here so you can receive your own special welcome. ;)

All the very best, :)
Dusty