• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi chris and :welcome:

Good to see you here. Would you like to tell us a little more about yourself?.......

How long have you had CD/UC?

What medications are you taking now and what have you been on in the past?

Have you had any surgeries?

This is a great place for support and info so stick around 'cause we would love to have you here. Good luck and welcome aboard!

Take care, :)
Dusty

hi all,
i was diagnosed with crohns in july after havin pain after eating & diahorra in mornings and after eating
im finding this site very interesting pickin up lots of hints
my concern now is why am i still losing so much weight i hav gone from 11stones to 8 stone 9lbs & still losing i getting worried & depressed about this i see the nurse again feb, do any of you friends think i should contact her sooner
i read on here that so many lose weight also so its seems the norm but hav thin can you go my skin is looking old & wrinkle already cant bear to look in mirror anymore
medication im taking is mesalazine 400mg 1 or 2 3times aday

regarding weight rebecca on here adviced to have some complan which i started yesterday
6years ago i was rushed into hospital with pain & vommiting they opened me up & find nothing wrong 18months later was rushed in again & had 6inches of my bowel removed due to a hernia

had a reaction to certain foods for years so prehaps the crohn was present then
chris

DustyKat

Super Moderator
In view of the fact that you are still losing weight I would definitely be contacting the nurse and also your GI, I think you need be reviewed sooner rather than later.

Is the Mesalasine working? Do you have any other symptoms?

Keep us posted!

Dusty. :)

hi dusty, yes meds workin, other systems noticing joints aching, feel depressed but i think thats due to stress in my life & at work.
if i lose any more weight by next week i will email my nurse

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Welcome Chris!! Have you kept a food diary to determine which foods you are having problems with? You say the meds are working but how is your appetite? Many seem to be able to add weight with drinks like Ensure and Boost. Good luck!!