Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Crohn's Forum Candle Room

02-12-2011, 02:57 AM   #31
amirah
Banned

This candle is For my baby boy who died at 2weeks old a year today, cuddle your banket and snuggle up untill we are reunited.
sleep peacefull sweet heart, mummy misses you so much and loves you with all her heart.
x x x x
02-12-2011, 03:31 AM   #32
DustyKat
Super Moderator

Oh amirah, I'm so sorry I had no idea.

I hope you don't mind if I light a candle for your little baby boy.

Thinking of you all. Lots of love,
Dusty xxxxxxxx
03-21-2011, 06:23 AM   #33
DustyKat
Super Moderator

May your candle bring you a speedy recovery and many, many years of happiness and health.

Thinking of you Silver, Amy, Welshy and Gabs.............

Dusty.
03-21-2011, 06:31 AM   #34
DustyKat
Super Moderator

Dearest Ian,

May this candle will help lead you out of the darkness and into the light......

Always thinking of you.
Dusty xxxxxx
03-25-2011, 06:07 PM   #35
GutlessWonder86
Forum Monitor

I just found out our local ostomy support chapter lost one of its own today.

Our deepest sympathy goes out to the Jack family. Betty was a great addition to our ostomy family. She had a great sense of humor, a warm smile, and never let her ileostomy get in the way of doing what she wanted in life.

There's one empty chair at our meeting, one less voice laughing, one less member. You may be gone but your spirit lives on. God Speed Betty.

~Gutless Wonderwoman
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 060322 Pretty tea light in candle holder at night.JPG (15.8 KB, 311 views)
03-25-2011, 08:33 PM   #36
Keona

To the over 10, 000 lives lost (and counting) during the monster earthquake/tsunami in Japan

..and to those suffering who are reading this

Bev -- you are often in my thoughts :HUG:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7855aac4.jpg (72.0 KB, 313 views)
Dx Endometriosis April 2011

"if nothing changes - nothing changes

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=530585394

Last edited by Keona; 03-25-2011 at 08:40 PM.
05-01-2011, 05:58 AM   #37
Pirate

Janis and I light a candle every evening for the Brave men and women of our combined militaty forces with Prayers that they will come home safe. May you all be Protected and your Families be Strong until you come home.

Greg Yancer
Diagnosed w/ CD Febuary 1986
No surgeries
Current meds:REMICADE (CATS SCARE ME), Pentasa, Nexium, Probonics.
05-01-2011, 06:44 AM   #38
Joleen23

My Support Groups:
Hey , i'd like to light a candle for my Daddy who is battling Kidney failure , he's on diaylisis and reaquires a transplant (which my brother is currently being tested to see he is a match) and a candle for my brother James who is so brave and unselfish for doing what he is doing

Methotrexate 20mg per week
Omeprazole 40mg per day
Ferrous sulphate 3 x tablet per day
Folic Acid 1 per day (5 days a week)
Ranitidine
(trammadol & Paraccetamol for painrelief

Diagnosed Nov 2010 - Crohns Colitis
(bowel problems since 16yrs) 29 Yrs old now
So far tried Asacol,Aza,6mp,Remicade
05-13-2011, 01:28 PM   #39
Welsh-bird

My Support Groups:
For James....I'll miss you loads buddy. I'm so sorry that you felt the need to do this, just wish that you had held out and asked for help. Wherever you are, I hope you are free of pain and disease. Keep a seat for me on the 'fun bus'...
Missing you loads already.
Love always xxxx

Diagnosed UC 1999, Re Dx'd CD April 2011, Gastritis Dec 2010.
Resection Jan 2011, Total Colectomy 18.03.2011
Hoping to get a break sometime soon......
05-13-2011, 01:47 PM   #40
Bren

This feature is dedicated to the memory of Beverly Haynes, who was a very special lady we were blessed to have as a member here for some time, before she sadly lost her battle with cancer, in November 2010.

In here you can light a candle, and post a message if you so wish, for anyone who you are worried about, who you feel you'd like to do something positive for, or someone who is no longer with you - not necessarily a member of the forum, but anyone in your life.

The first candle to be lit has to be for Bev -

we will never forget you, Bev. x

In memory of Beverly Haynes, i never knew you but you're someone special.

Every single person who has Crohn"s. Wish you all peace and health and strength to carry on. Hold your heads up high... you can do it!

Daddy, thankyou for fighting cancer.
Uncle Lance & Uncle Pete, Keep courage and keep fighting cancer.
Oom Thys & Tant Rita, u both are increadible keep faith. (Cancer)
My Brother Mike, you inspire me to get up one more time when i fall down. Your heart is so big. (Heart problems)

My Husband and beautiful Daughters I love you for your courage and faith through the Good Bad and Ugly.

Last edited by Bren; 05-13-2011 at 02:05 PM.
05-22-2011, 12:51 PM   #41
lulu2

My Support Groups:
I light a candle for my best friend Amy, who I grew up with and was as close to me as a sister. She lost her battle with cancer last summer aged 23. Love you so much baby girl!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Currently LOVING my job!!
Currently NOT loving my crohns!!

26 yrs old.
Currently taking: prednisolone 30mg/day, Azathioprine 25mg/day then 50mg in 2 weeks (well actually I've temporarily wimped out of this) 8g pentasa a day, folic acid and various cardiac meds.

Any advice I give must never ever ever replace the advice from your own doctor and care givers. They know far better than I do!
05-28-2011, 09:43 PM   #42
GutlessWonder86
Forum Monitor

I light a candle for my best friend and comforter whenever I wasn't feeling well. Ike was 13 years old and crossed over the Rainbow Bridge this past Monday. He was very sick over the weekend but didn't get better. I brought him into the vet with his woobie (a lambskin bear w/felt eyes that he took off) & a crocheted blanket my grandma made him. I held him in my arms until he slipped into a peaceful slumber.

I thanked him for being there for me during all the times I was in pain & needed comfort, someone to hug, laughter, & giving me the strength to get through my stroke and many flares and surgeries. For a Basset, the vet told me I took excellent care of him in spite of his many health issues (diabetes, UC, and neck issues) and he lived well beyond his life expectancy.

I spoiled him with canned carrots, diabetic cookies, body massages, walks, car rides, letting him sit on the couch to look out the window, took him into the bank (we live in a small town) to see the girls, took him into the farm/garden shop to pick out his bones and toys, etc.

I was hospitalized 2 weeks ago for a nasty abscess on my abdomen that had to be drained in the ER (was admitted for 2 days & hooked up to an IV w/antibiotics). Ike was with me 4 days prior as I had a high temp. Once I got home & improved, he didn't want to be alone in the kitchen feeling ill, so I slept on the couch & he passed out on the floor. I was there for him in the end. We were meant for each other as I could relate to his illnesses....that's what everyone would tell me.

Now as I face more tests w/my GI as my surgeon thinks I may have a hidden fistula (I pray not), I am alone on this journey. Ike would be my source of strength & comfort & reason to go on. I really need support right now. Thanks for letting me vent.

~Gutless Wonder woman
05-30-2011, 02:41 PM   #43
Terriernut

My Support Groups:
I light a candle for Andrea, our Welshbird. I'm praying my heart out for your speedy recovery!

Misty
DX Crohns Feb 2011, symtoms 1997, 2009 and then WHAM! Emergency surgery for perforated sigmoid, fistula through fallopian tube, septic and near dead: Colostomy-Stan was born 22/12/10. Another parastomal hernia, his name is Ollie and he is MONSTER size!
4gm Pentasa
6MP 50mg
05-30-2011, 03:22 PM   #44
Astra

My Support Groups:
I light a candle for Andrea too, hoping she's sound asleep, pain free and on the road to good health. xxx
I light a candle for my brave Mum, one year has passed, forever in my heart, I miss you
xxx

Joan

Dx Crohn's in TI 2005 symptoms for 15 years prior

BEEN ON -Azathioprine, 6MP, Prednisolone, Pentasa, Budesonide, Metronidazole, Humira, Methotrexate,

NOW ON -Amitriptyline 25mg
21/02/14 Right hemicolectomy surgery

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...4208290&ref=ts

No-one should make you feel inferior without your consent!

05-30-2011, 03:34 PM   #45
Grumbletum

My Support Groups:
I light another candle for Andrea. Let it shine brightly like she does, and herald light at the end of this dark tunnel.
Helen xxx

Previous: Prednisolone, Mesren, Omeprazole, Infliximab, Azathioprine
Current: Pentasa, Librax, Warfarin
Helen x
07-06-2011, 04:35 PM   #46
Terriernut

My Support Groups:
For Andrea, again. Battle as long as you can sweet girl. But if you lose that battle, know you will still be among friends. Always.
07-09-2011, 11:28 PM   #47
DustyKat
Super Moderator

A candle of love, hope, and peace for you Welshy...

We hold you in our hands and our hearts mate. You are very much loved and never forgotten...

Dusty.
07-15-2011, 05:32 AM   #48
lulu2

My Support Groups:
I light a candle for Littlemissh and hope she has a very speedy recovery! xxxxxxxx

I also light a candle once again for Amy, who died a year ago on sunday. Love you lots chucky ducky. xxxxxxxx
07-28-2011, 06:26 PM   #49
DustyKat
Super Moderator

A candle for Welshy. I walk beside you mate so that I might lighten the load even a little. Infinity and Beyond.

A candle for Silver. Thinking of you buddy and hoping that you have turned a corner. Onwards and Upwards.

A candle for T. Wishing you all the luck in the world for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. I so hope you find the answers you seek.

A candle for two special little 'uns, Matt and Ella. Sending you special squishy but gentle hugs. May you find peace and relief and be on your way home very soon.

Much love,
Dusty. xxxxxxxx
07-31-2011, 05:59 PM   #50
Grumbletum

My Support Groups:
I'm lighting a candle for AJ, my neighbour and friend, who died last night. Seven days after his 70th birthday. Sleep tight, Allan James and may God bless you and watch over Florence and the family. Xxxxxxxx
07-31-2011, 06:34 PM   #51
lookame

My Support Groups:
Here is a candle for my 5 year old cousin who battle cancer since the age of 2(a stage 4 brain tumor which metastized and moved to his lungs) He passed in January with his brother, mom and dad by his side. He's always in my thoughts...the strongest little boy I've ever known!

RIP MATTHEW BARR

Bloodwork is indeterminate IBD, biopsies are crohns positive, symptoms and visually it's UC

Current meds-
Prednisone, humira, 6mp, and lialda
awaiting surgical consult

Mom of Little Z
eosinophilic esophagitis 5/2015
07-31-2011, 06:42 PM   #52
scottmyster

Hi lost my brother 15 years ago due to a fire at his house i like to take this time in remembering his memory i miss him very much he was a inspiration to my life and i miss him very much. best wish to all.
08-25-2011, 08:17 PM   #53
Loriebird

My Support Groups:
This candle is for my brother who took his own life earlier this year. We love you and we miss you.
09-10-2011, 10:02 AM   #54
Pooh

This candle I light for my husband, who is in the dark, often frightened and unable to verbalize the emotional pain he feels for me. May the Light that shines so bright in others, touch his soul and bring him peace.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg candle.jpg (2.4 KB, 170 views)
09-13-2011, 12:25 PM   #55
KayleighMeek
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Today I would like to light a candle for my wonderful and amazing dad who this morning at 9:15 passed away. He had a massive heart attack so didn't feel any pain. The ambulance crew and hospital were amazing and tried so hard to bring you back to us. We will always miss you, one thing dad "monty monty" xxxxxx
12-14-2011, 03:49 PM   #56
DustyKat
Super Moderator

For a dear sweet little boy, Matt, and his family...Nic, Dan and Ella...

We understand the dark and difficult days you now find yourselves in. We understand the silence and the absence. We understand the fear and uncertainty. We are here for any day, any time.

Rest in peace darling little Matt. An angel with the angels...

Dusty.
12-14-2011, 03:59 PM   #57
Terriernut

My Support Groups:
Rest in Peace little Matt...Our hearts are with you Nic. God Bless you and your family.
01-10-2012, 04:49 AM   #58
DustyKat
Super Moderator

To our dear friend Welshy

We know you are facing difficult times, just know we are beside you every step of the way.
You are foremost in our prayers and wishes mate and always will be.

Much love, Dusty.
01-16-2012, 01:12 AM   #59
carolhew

My Support Groups:
This candle is for Marc, my husbands best friend and coworker, who took his own life on Jan 6th. Marc you are truly loved and will be greatly missed. You were the funniest person I have ever met. Rest in peace Marc!

02-14-2012, 08:28 AM   #60
LOSTnut
Poopy

I like to light a candle today in memory of my friend Katy, who died Sunday after a short battle with a vicious type of breast cancer. The cancer was so spread out and affected the heart and caused cracks in her spine. The doctors didn't even know what to tackle first and she decided to stop all treatment on Saturday ... by Sunday morning she was gone!
I regret not having been in touch due to idiotic circumstances and will miss her dearly!
Here's to you, Katy ... I know your spririt will always be with me and I will miss your witty remarks and your sarcasm that was always spot on and caused a lot of laughter in what we called "Monster Meetings" on your back porch.
Love you lots ..

Diagnosed: April 2005

Back on Asacol

Dec 2010: colostomy/resection - failed
Jan 2011: Ileostomy
Resection planned for: sometime

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Crohn's Forum Candle Room