• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New from indiana

:tongue: Hello everyone, I have been a lurker for sometime now. Im 32 years old and have had crohn's disease since i was 13 and was missdiagnosed for 13 years. So they didnt find it untill i was 26 and had a major episode. Since then i have had 2/3 of my intestine removed and half my colon in two different surgerys. I have recently been diagnosed with gall stones so in july im having my gall bladder removed and because of scar tissue from previous surgerys they are gonna have to cut me instead of laproscopic. I have been on Pentasa 250mg and was taking 48 pills a day plus steroids also so i was up to around 52 pills a day. Untill the medication stopped working. I have been on remicade for a year and a half and now my body is rejecting it so thats out the window. So now im not taking any meds and havent had very much pain but as soon as i eat i have to go...I might as well eat in the bathroom...lol...But other then that its alright...But all you can do is take it day by day..I have a wonderful wife and 2 daughters that have been over supportive with me.. And i have not yet had a problem with my workplace...But its nice to meet like minded people like me here on crohn's forum... Enough for me now...Gotta goto work tomorrow so i will talk to ya all later.. feel free to add me to your myspace mine is www.myspace.com/johnwidener Or add me to your yahoo at jkw46001 Well nite all and have a good 2007... JkWidener

Hi! I'm mostly a lurker as well... but I'm from Indy as well... I'm newly diagnosed (October 2006) and 18. I've been on Imuran and Prednisone as well as tons of supplements. Trying my best to taper off the Pred... I'm at 20 mg now, but I think I'm flaring. But just wanted to say hi since you are from around where I am. So hi! :)

Welcome to the forum.

Hi John and welcome to the forum! :)

You have certainly come to the right place to meet like people.
If you have any questions feel free to ask...
I'm sure someone will have an answer for you.

Check out the forums, or relax in the lounge if you like. :smile:

We're all in the same boat here..just some have been in it longer than others.

~Welcoming hugs, Nancy~

Karen

FRIEND 4 1 & ALL
& Welcome Aboard ... I am sure that you will have a great time here and you will make plenty of friends too so jump right in and have some fun & do come by the longe sometime and say HELLO !! By the way I have myspace too so if you see a starbear note that is me so ... see you soon !!

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Hi JK!

Glad you decided to reveal yourself to everyone! :D

Hope to see you around some more... feel free to speak up some more in the future!

R

ruthymg

Hi, welcome to the forum. I too have crohns and I'm also 32, almost 33 though, in 4 days. You've definately come to the right place for support, advice and general nattering. Look forward to chatting with you.

Ruth

M

MJNixon

John,

I am originally from Chicago, now living in Florida. I was misdiagnosed for probably 5 or 6 years (including the wrong type of Crohn's) until I went to University of Chicago at the age of 17. The doctor's their are on the cutting edge of Crohn's research. If you live in the midwest, it behooves you not to make the drive for a second opinion. If you were to see the scar from my illeoctamy (it's only 2 inches long) you'd understand what I am talking about.

Michael