• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bidet toilet seats

Hey all,
For a long time now I have thought that a Bidet type seat would be amazing for most of us..now that I have had a fissure for a year or so any type of wipe is about as painful as sand paper and just isnt working well.

I wonder if any of you have one, have used one, or anything along those lines. I see most are very expensive, yet I did find a few seat only bidets that are somewhat reasonable..
such as here

But I am unsure how well it may work considering most of them seem to be in the 400-500 range.

I also wonder if it may be possible to get insurance to cover this? It seems to me it should be something insurance would pay for, if a doc recommends it perhaps.

Anyway, just an idea :) Anyone else have any thoughts?

K

kix66

I have had fissures the only thing that worked for me to finally heal the area was prednisone. I used regular vaseline to kind of lubricate the painful area.

Not sure i'd like a bidet, I've used a sitz bath after my son was born, kind of close and that was helpful.

I doubt that insurance would cover it, most won't cover items that are able to be bought over the counter.

You could try a sitz bath unit, should be able to find it at most drug stores.

Just a thought,
kathy

HELLO, I also have a fissure that won't go away, it can be really painful at times. I use a sitz bath, that helps a little. Good luck
~~~HUGS~~
:pika:

R

ruthymg

I have had anal fistulas and don't think I would fancy a bidet either. I used to use baby wet wipes to clean the area, they're sensitive and so don't sting and they're not as rough as toilet tissue or even moist toilet wipes.

Ruth

I used to take soaks after I went to the bathroom because of the pain. It always helped a lot and my fissures closed up pretty quickly after I started to soak.

Good luck man

L

leighhi27

Bidet

kc0eks said:
Hey all,
For a long time now I have thought that a Bidet type seat would be amazing for most of us..now that I have had a fissure for a year or so any type of wipe is about as painful as sand paper and just isnt working well.

I wonder if any of you have one, have used one, or anything along those lines. I see most are very expensive, yet I did find a few seat only bidets that are somewhat reasonable..
such as here

But I am unsure how well it may work considering most of them seem to be in the 400-500 range.

I also wonder if it may be possible to get insurance to cover this? It seems to me it should be something insurance would pay for, if a doc recommends it perhaps.

Anyway, just an idea :) Anyone else have any thoughts?
Hi,

I have a bidet and it is WONDERFUL!!! I have had surgery on my fistulas and the bidet certainly came in handy! A bidet does make you feel clean and is much more comfortable then trying to clean any other way. You can make the water as warm or as cool as you like and once you sit down it feels so good that you don't want to get up. Feeling clean is a good feeling when you have issues like we do. I don't know how much bidets cost because mine was already in the house when i moved in, but it i definitely a good thing to have!! I don't know about insurance paying for it though. Worth a try.

Leigh

F

fgillette1986

Hmm, I just take a quick wash off in the shower with baby soap after BMs.

My dad always had a reoccurring fissure when I was growing up and he finally broke down and got a bidet seat for him and the family. Needless to say, it is great for dealing with those and hemorrhoids for sure!

The enema feature is pretty nice, speaking as a male. Definitely beats using toilet paper all day.

This post has just sealed the deal for me with bidet seats. I was umming and arring as ive never used anything like this before and worry my partner might not be happy its there. But i can get so dry and painful from constant wiping that after 4 or 5 BMs it starts, by 10 its awful! And as much as i try, i just dont feel perfectly clean. I know im clean but i think this seat is perfect for those lovely occassions. Wish i could afford those amazing japanese toilets! Ahh i can dream hehe.

I'd be willing to do a commercial for the bidet seat I bought! It changed my life. I don't know how I did without it for so long. Don't think twice. You won't regret it.

I LOVE my Toto Washlet (model# s350e)!!! Can't live without it now. It was like $700 I think. There are less fancy ones for less.

I have a top of the range Coway BA13-B and it is magnificent! (It's a few years old now - but I could not live without it)
My Mum has a Mitsubishi model that is like a spaceship.
I think every GI ward should have them.
I cannot recommend them highly enough. It has saved my poor bum that many times.
Consider it a more investment.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
I know this is an old post. But, those of you who have a bidet. Have you had problems with it leaking? I'm looking for one for myself and have been looking at reviews. And, it's looking like there are a few complaints about that...

I've just bought a sitz bath for OH who has just had surgery for perianal abscess's .... not used it yet but the reviews seem great.. a lot cheaper than a bidet too!