• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story

I was diagnosed with IBD after a fistula in my early 20s. Although they have never diagnosed it as Crohn's, my Gastro feels that it veers more towards Crohn's than UC.

I had several visits to hospitals for fistulae, fissures and abcesses for a few years and then it seemed to settle down. About 18 months ago I started with abdo pain and weight loss and ended up having a resection.

Since then, it's not been bad, but am feeling the abdo pain returning and have recently been prescribed amytriptiline to ease spasms in bowel (which was how I found this site).

Current meds are pentasa, amytrip, b12 injections and folic acid.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Hi Becka, welcome to the forum! I'm also on Amitriptyline, 25 mg every night. I was prescribed it because Entocort gave me chronic headaches, and Amitrip works to prevent those headaches. It definitely works for the headaches, and it helps me sleep at night, but I can't tell if it's actually been calming my guts or not. I hope it works well for you!

Thank you - I have had them before and seemed ok on them, here's hoping it stays the same this time round!