• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi, Everyone!

I'll give a quick little intro for those who care. :)

I joined this forum almost a year ago, poked around a little, forgot about it, and now I'm back. I'm 28, and I was diagnosed with Crohns in July of 2009 at the age of 27. My regular doctor recommended a colonoscopy after I revealed to her that I would go through an entire package of Imodium within a few weeks.

Since my diagnosis I have been on Entocort and Pentasa, and I have been feeling ok. I still have about one flare per week, and they are usually pretty bad. I have another colonoscopy coming up at the end of December, so I'm hoping my doctor can figure something else out! My case is, overall, very mild.

I'm no stranger to Crohns, though. My younger brother was diagnosed at the age of 10, and I just remember him being very thin and ill. He spent a few weeks at a children's hospital. In the past 16 years, he has had emergency surgeries and been in ICU 3 times. My grandpa also has crohns, and my mom has colitis.

That's my story!

My case is, overall, very mild.

I'm no stranger to Crohns, though. My younger brother was diagnosed at the age of 10, and I just remember him being very thin and ill. He spent a few weeks at a children's hospital. In the past 16 years, he has had emergency surgeries and been in ICU 3 times. My grandpa also has crohns, and my mom has colitis.

That's my story![/QUOTE]

Well, it seems you have some help within your family support wise. Good for you! Mild or not, it is still frustrating as hell, isn't it?

Good luck to you and welcome.
Michele

Entchen

Chief Dandelion Picker
Hi, Andrea, and welcome! What a family "legacy" to have -- but I bet your family can serve as a great source of information for you. Looking forward to seeing you around the forum!