• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohns...maybe? *sigh*

after all the tests and scans and etc....the biopsy comes back negative. Everything else says its crohns except the biopsy. I am hoping the biopsy is correct but I doubt it. I have been dealing with this for 5 years on my own and last episode put me in the hospital and scans showed a fistula and inflamed small intestine...Ileum or something like that. cleared the fistula with IV antibiotics and no pain from the bowel. guess we will see what the GI doc says later this month. frustrating...

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Hi Red, welcome to the forum. I'm undiagnosed myself so I understand the frustration. While I don't want this to be Crohn's, I *do* want an answer so I know what I'm dealing with and can form a plan to deal with it. I hope you get some answers soon. There is a thread called "Undiagnosed Club" in the Support forum, please feel free to post in there if you'd like. Good luck, and again, welcome!

I was diagnosed 2.5 yrs ago when the biopsies came back positive. I just had a colonoscopy though and all 8 biopsies came back negative even though he swears they shouldn't have. Still stumps my doc.

Best of luck <3

I think it throws a wrench in my medical...I have no insurance. I would just like to know one way or the other so I can get the right treatment started.

Hi and welcome. I wonder why they would not start you on a treatment if most all signs point to active disease. that makes no sense. If you have crohn's or ulcerative colitis the treatments are more or less the same. all the drug therapies just try to put you in remission and keep you there. Hope you find relief.