• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi im jordan

hi im jordan

i just found out i have chron's disease and it is really scary. i haven't seen the gi doctor yet i wont until the 13 of december 2010. im afraid of whats going to happen im only 20 and this is alot to take in. i was already struggling trying to make a life for myself and this doesnt help. im really happy theres a place like this. i use to rap but i think i might give it up its really hard to rap with chron's disease. i feel sad but once again im glad there is something like this to where i know im not alone.

thanks for your time,

jordan

Hi, I'm sorry that you've had to go through this! I just wanted to say that you don't necessarily have to give up rapping, you may be feeling rough now but once you've seen the GI and sorted out a treatment plan you should see an improvement in your symptoms.

Hi Jordan,

I am also sorry you have to deal with Crohn's it is overwhelming at times. Once you get to the GI doc and get on a treatment you will feel better. Sometimes it is trial and error on treatments but don't give up if the first one does not work.

I know its not rap but one of the members of Pearl Jam has crohn's. That just says you can still do music with this illness.

Keep your chin up, it will get easier.

Hi jordan and welcome to the forum. Im sorry to hear you're having a bad time with it at the moment. It is all very daunting at first, And don't worry about the rap. Once the doc's find what works for you you'll be able to get back to normal in no time at all. Things will get better :)

Hi jordon
sorry your going though this, but im glad you found this site, its a great place and everyone here is so supportive, its been a great help to me when my baby was diagnoised with crohns at 18months old.its a FAB place and welcome.

Astra

Hi Jordan
and welcome

so sorry you're a Crohnie, but it doesn't mean everything stops, life can go on as normal, once you've found the appropriate meds!
It's rumoured even Kurt Cobain was a Crohnie! And he made crackin music!
Stick with us for support, lots of friends here for you!
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Hey jordan sorry for your dx but on the bright aide you know what it is now and can treat it. Im 19 and live a life much different than pre crohns but I still do everything I enjoy. Maybe some inspiration for a few raps haha now those would be interesting. Anyway best of luck and hope your meeting goes well an you get going on some treatment. Welcome to the forums.

Hi Jordan,
Glad you were able to get to the doctor. Hopefully the scope will tell you something. Until then try to sit back and take it easy. Being young with crohns sucks (I know) but once things are diagnosed & you are on meds perhaps you will be able to get back to what you like to do.:hang:
Michele

alright guys basically its me new username tons of years later same jordan though. after this post imma do a good news post and a bad news post and go from there.

the good news is you guys were right. i was put on meds soon after my last communications here and my life went in a better direction even if i couldn't see it at the time. the pain went down i could eat again and i actually put out a whole music project that had 10 songs on it. its hillarious wat was said on here because i don't even think i remembered this place when i made the project but i did actually end up mentioning my struggle with crohn's in that project. that project also gave birth to the second and only of 2 songs that i have ever made and succeeded getting radio play for all the way since the first one up till this present day. i went on to make a better project that i recorded at a better place. and then i recorded an even better project at an even better place.

the bad news is i am in such a jam now as far as a place to stay financially medically and in regards to employment that when i tried to tell u guys about my lack of hope and lack of family and the sincere near bottomless depths of my woe it was either too long or too bad and i was unable to post it so on that note i bid you all goodbye... hopefully not for the last time but who knows at this point... feel free to ask questions or try to help or stare and laugh at the possibly lethal predicament i am presently in at the present form i am in of a 23 year old disgusted exhausted with this world person... i will review ur responses if there are any and if i can

Trysha

Staff member
Hello Jordan
Really sorry to hear that you are so down., and small wonder with all your problems besides crohn's.
The sun will shine for you again sometimes it takes time specially in winter.
Hopefully you will talk to your doctor and get some help for the depression which threatens all of us crohnies.
There is lots of help available if we take a look, and many people who will be glad to help.
Start with your family doctor and get some help as soon as possible.
Wish I was there with you to hold your hand and support you.
Feel better soon
Hugs and best wishes
Trysha.