• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Very confused...Please help!

Hi I am 25 years old. I am new here and with no diagnosis am looking for some advice. Since the beginning of 2008 I have had horrible stomach problems. It starts usually at night with nausea, abd pain and vomiting. The first occurance I had a lot of bloody diarrhea and lost a lot weight. They ended up taking out my gallbladder due to it not working anymore, no stones found. I thought after that I was fixed!...wrong! Ever since then about every 3-6 months I go through the same symptoms. Pain, nausea, vomiting, a lot of watery diarrhea sometimes bloody. I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy which showed multiple bloody striations through my stomach with a lot of bile. My CT's always show inflammation in my small intestine and WBC are always high (21-23). Neg h-pylori and celiac test. I also have occasional nausea on a daily basis. I was wanting to see if anyone else had similair situations. My GI thought it was crohns but now is unsure. He said to just come back if still having symptoms. Please help!!
Thanks!
Ashley

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Hi Ash, welcome!! I've seen that story many times on here. Gall bladder removal seems all too common on here. I hope your GI is right and it turns out to be something benign, but all the symptoms sure are familiar. Good luck!!

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi Ash and :welcome:

Sorrt to hear you are going through all this. We have an Undiagnosed Club here that you may like to browse through, perhaps you may find something there that rings a bell for you.....................

http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=13113

Did your GI say he changed his mind?

I hope you get definite answers soon, keep pushing the docs until you do 'cause you sure have something going on there.

Take care, :)
Dusty

Astra

Hi Ashley
and welcome

I'm sure something's going on too! You need to be insistent and keep persisting. These symptoms won't go away on their own, bleeding is a sure sign that something's wrong.
And the very fact you're showing inflammation on a CT, alarm bells are ringing. If this is so, you needs some meds.
Good luck, and go back screaming for answers!
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Thank you all for your imput. Right now I am just waiting for it to happen again. Its been 5 months since my last hospital visit which is a record and I never know when its coming so I'm getting pretty nervous. I'm definitely going to browse the undiagnosed club :)

Ash: I had my gallbladder removed due to pain in the area and then they told me I had gallbladder diarrhea. After colonoscopy (five years later) they told me it was Crohn's. Stay on top of this so it doesn't get out of hand.